About to get myself some Oakley Wisdom goggles and was trying them on yesterday. I tried them on with a Giro 9 helmet and they didn't fit well together. The helmet was pushing the goggles half way down my nose making it hard to breathe!

Anyone using the Wisdom's??? What helmet do you use ( coz I'm also in the market for one of those too)

Cheers

noooooo! don't get wisdoms!!! they are such bad style!!! I've got a buddy who turned down riding for Oakley because he'd be forced to wear wisdoms!

If you want oakleys get a-frames or crowbars. You'll have to buy helmet adjuster straps (i think around 1000yen). Oakleys are cool with all their iridium lenses but they are damn expensive. then you have to be all careful all the time with the lenses because if you touch them you'll scratch the lens. Lenses cost as much as entire goggles from other companies.

as for fit with helmets: I use anon figments and a red helmet. perfect fit. You need a pretty straight design on the top of the goggle to get a snug fit with the helmet.

make sure you don't have a euro gap going or else you'll be a 'gaper'

(*euro-gap is when you have a space between your goggles and your helmet. at the end of the day you have a sun-tanned/wind-burnt line on your forehead)

Yeah i did notice that the Wisdoms were rather curved in shape at the top which was why I questioned wether they'd fit with any helmets well ( and not keen on that tan line!)

Personally not fased between going for the A frames or Wisdoms, jusy after a better fit with a decent helmet.

Don't care about pretty Iridium colors either as I prefer the plain old persimmon color.Price is not a concern as Oakleys are cheap as crap.. (I get 70% off Aussie prices :p that's why I'm going for them, and also my past ones lasted a long time.)

Cheers for the info boys,

Giro's aren't too bad, but they don't really look that good on my nog'.

Maybe it's really that any helmet won't look that good?

I go an try on more combinations today!

ps. with the A frames, do you use the helmet extension straps or the normal ones?

Cheers

Well since I've decided I'm getting oakleys it's really about which ones fit best with what helmet.

I've got a pair of smiths that have been awesome, but time for a change!

I'll let you know how I go with the fog. ;\)

Have been using wisdoms for 3 seasons with out any problems. The wife use smith prodigys and the seem ok for her. The biggest problem I've found is finding a pair that will fit a western head. Many high end optics seem to always say Asian fit.

Hey about goggles I am looking for ones that fit over glasses! I bought a cheapo pair thinking I would not ski again in Japan but now I am back!!! Anyways I hate when my glasses steam up. Any models worth getting? I am thinking of contacts and then goggles but I hate contacts, hurt my eyes.

Scott witness or Scott ransom should both fit glasses underneath easily.

I got the ransom from last year and they fit so well with the different helmets I tried out.I ended up getting a Red helmet.As for the fogging well I have to agree with FT.

I tried the A-frames at the weekend but they feel so small on.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
try a red helmut a bit bigger fit
actually the Oakleys seem to fit better with the RED'S than the Giro's. Tried on a Skycap II today and both A frames and Wisdoms fitted well.
Want to try the Tantrum by Red. Think I'll get that one if it fits well.

How much are you looking at the smiths or the scotts?

I stayed in a hotel recently and when I went for a shower one section of the mirror just would not fog up. I was really impressed and then I thought maybe there is anti-fog stuff you can buy? Is there? This is all new to me. Dont wanna spend loads of cash for nothing.