It's the TR you've been waiting so long for... EBC's NZ trip this summer. This is a rounded photographic endeavour based on my trip to the Southern Hemisphere mountains as a whole. Since i crashed out after only 5 days skiing on a month long trip, there's a ton of other non-snow related photos which show you my entire trip.

*** Can you please wait unti i've made the TR bit by bit, post by post before making any comments, so it can be viewed as a whole, with comments after *** otherwise i won't put the picture up you really want to see ;\)

Flying into Hong Kong where i stopped for 6 hours before getting another 2 flights to take me to my final destination airport - Queenstown in New Zealand

eskimobasecamp_141.jpg

eskimobasecamp_142.jpg

I spotted Dave's plane in Hong Kong airport lol

eskimobasecamp_143.jpg

The boys on the lift at Cardrona

eskimobasecamp_144.jpg

My brother at Cardrona

eskimobasecamp_145.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bro hitchhiking to Queenstown in a desperate bid to get tickets for the Shapeshifter gig - i was NOT leaving NZ without seeing Shapeshifter, so last night's pizza box, a big marker pen, and a smile it was - we got picked up in 10 minutes by some very nice oldies thumbsup.gif

eskimobasecamp_159.jpg

View of the Remarkables from Queenstown

eskimobasecamp_160.jpg

My bro happy to be in Q town apperently!

eskimobasecamp_161.jpg

EBC in Queenstown

eskimobasecamp_162.jpg

The Remarkables

eskimobasecamp_163.jpg

The Wanaka skate sessions

eskimobasecamp_164.jpg

My bro skating in Wanaka

eskimobasecamp_165.jpg

After our day trip to Queenstown a big storm blew in, closing the resorts for one day - the following day Cardrona closed due to a virus which took out about 70 of their staff. I bought a helmet in Queenstown, and 2 days later skied down this short chute (this part is called the Arcadia chutes) - my skis slipped and i tumbled over the rockface to the right of the snow, ending the ski trip early.

eskimobasecamp_183.jpg

The Southern Hemisphere party continued regardless and i went to see Shapeshifter ---- thanks Shapeshifter, the trip to Queenstown to buy your ticket and a helmet probably saved my life thumbsup.gif

eskimobasecamp_168.jpg

The Wanaka crew at Shapeshifter - Menna, EBC, Barnie, my bro, Marnie and Scotty

eskimobasecamp_170.jpg

Shapeshifter

eskimobasecamp_171.jpg

One of my favourite photos from the whole trip

eskimobasecamp_172.jpg

wattiewatson dude can you take your random post out of there please - go to the icon at the top of your post with the paper and pencil, click on it, and at the top left you can check DELETE, then press edit post - please do so.... some people have been waiting a while for this and i want a clean TR.

db this was all for you actually, i felt sorry for you and the 20 minutes a week of internet at work policy, thought you might like this OR maybe you won't since since it's not full of the sickest lines you've ever seen and NO i didn't fall down a massive couloir sorry.

i'll go back to NZ one day and next time i won't go near resorts, i want to go there with a bc partner and tour the club fields.

i absolutely loved NZ, it's a magical place.

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
eskimobasecamp_183.jpg
Nice pictures
Why the wait anyways?

So this is the picture we have all been waiting for eh
I'll give it to you that that you rolled over a cliff where you shouldn't have
That isn't a no fall zone though

I would have been skiing that all day as well. A nice little line.

you can see in that photo (just before i crashed) that the line is pretty skied out by that point - we had skied it and other little lines in the arcadia chutes all morning - they were really fun until i fell. the storm that blew in let us take those lines as well - before that you couldnt access the chutes, it was all just rocks, so we lapped it up that morning. i didnt have my camera at that point, so in the afternoon went back to that line known as the 'dog-leg' and sent my brother to the bottom. he didnt take pictures of me falling, he was running towards me at that point - but judging by this picture he took he wasnt going to take anything like what i wanted him to do..... if i hadnt of fell and he had been standing a bit closer and using the damn zoom, i could have had some good shots of me skiing that line. ohh well.

ebc dont worry about a clean TR you sounded bitchy more than anything. Someone was stoked to see the pictures so posted that makes a TR.

The top is no fall if you dont point it straight over the cliffs. My only advice os to next time understand that conditions change and dont get camera balls.

Nice pictures though time to get a really camera though EBC if you like snapping shots.

Cool pics EBC. Thanks for posting. Its always good to "see" someone for the first time when all you have done is read thier electronic messages on a board. Looks like a great trip. I can see why you got hurt, damn that must have put a fright up you and everyone else. Once again thanks for posting them.