• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real peeler bar

Not Japanese style where you pay a huge amount just to sit and talk to a lady

I'd like western style where you get in for free. Sit down at the stage. If you are hungry you can order a burger. You can get a beer at a reasonable price and if you want you can get a lap dance again for a reasonable price (maybe 2500-4000 yen)

Hakuba would be set

Thanks guys some really helpful info both on the forums and via PM/email.

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:

Perhaps Hakuba (resorts) could collude to lead the way in Japanese environmentally sensitive resort management policy.

That would be great because I'm an Environmental Scientist. I'd have work all year round \:\)

Better Shuttle buses, currently the shuttles are confusing and no one really knows which one goes where and the routes arent clear, the shuttle stops are vague. Get those shuttles organized!!

Colorize them, distinguish them clearly, have a blue shuttle, a green shuttle, black, silver shuttle. Make it clear and obvious which shuttle goes where. Make the shuttle stops easy to see and gets some decent maps of the shuttle routes, the current ones I have seen were drawn by a 4 year old.

Shuttle times from Happo at the end of the day are too far spread out and generally a nightmare, if you are going to do something do it properly.

The current shuttle organizers couldnt organize a pissup in a brewery.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
A real peeler bar
Not Japanese style where you pay a huge amount just to sit and talk to a lady
You obviously never went to a real Japanese peeler bar.

panhead_pete could slap up a prefab in Hakkers with a solar-powered spangle-ball inside and a rack for snowboards outside.

Pan_Head, you are the man for the job, you are in your moment.

That's three votes on these forums for a Hakkers Titty Bar... and you can bring your environmental scientificness into play. Unless your specific skill is the disposal of cyanide from copper mine tailings ;\) .

Quote:
Originally posted by nagpants:
It needs to not become like Niseko.
However, in a number of unwelcome ways, I think it will.
With more foreigners coming, the accusation of foreigners ruining the place is only a short head behind. It's what some people are going to say regardless of how many gaijin come or how they behave. C'est la vie. Sho ga nai. Haway the Toon!

More visitors with deep pockets is what "Habuka" needs!

Wave Pool? Tried. Failed. Derelict.
 Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
I asked my Japanese girlfriend, I said babe, what do you think Hakuba would benefit from? She thought about it for a while and to my surprise, she suggested a titty bar.
lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
Everybody likes titty bars

Ocean: I only have experience with J-Titty bars where I lived in Japan
I did not know that there were western style places where you could get cheap beer and just sit and watch the show
:rolleyes: and you paid for that? woulda been free in Kansai :p

The ski resorts i`ve lived in (Banff and Whis) don`t have titty bars, or at least nothing that that is a big draw for people.

Personally, When i am done riding at the end of a day, i wanna eat good food, soak in an Onsen, and then if i have the energy, go out and dance.

And i hate the homogenization of ski hills here. I want Japanese hills to be a little Japanese, NOT a bad imitation of a swiss k-mart.

I would love to see something like an old-style inn, with a semi-modern interior designed for skiers and snowboarders.

For example, Kurashita no Yu is one of my favorite placs in Hakuba. Cozy, clean, but still traditional (except fot the big, vinyl curtains).

Does Hakuba have a decent live house to see showns and stuff? That was one of the big draws for the younger crowd when i was in Banff and Whis. Have some decent DJs and bands come in and give peope something else to do than just wander aimlessly looking for Omiyage at night.