• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have huge shows at times the Japanese youngins lok to some of the events.

The Japanese have a say they will always out number us. There are different forms of non-Japanese as well. I consider myself a resident of this country and im trying to change my life. I dont see or cant see myself teaching English forever. Also if Japanese dont want to buy something and someone else does then so be it.

The resorts are handcuffed also by Japanese laws and or park permits. Just cause you want something doesnt mean that it can even happen.

I'll post this as it may be of interest to business peeps here.

The bank rang soubriquette this lunchtime to tell her that there is a government scheme for low interest business loans and they have put her in it. It is effectively a line of credit, and she can draw up to 2 million Yen at nominal interest rate. Repayments can be made as and when. That's a pretty useful lump of working capital for a small business, especially one like hers which is highly seasonal.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
Everybody likes titty bars

Ocean: I only have experience with J-Titty bars where I lived in Japan
I did not know that there were western style places where you could get cheap beer and just sit and watch the show
Titty-hodai!! \:D lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by panhead_pete:
So there isnt a live venue in town?
You gotta love the amition and investment vigour... from a guy who has never even been to Hakuba. Dude, do you always want to quit, sell up then move to and invest emotion and money into place that you have never been too? No offence to the locals, but Hakuba town and surrounding town bits are for the most, dog-arse ugly. This is no real problem, but you might be hit with a bit of that let down feeling when you see why so many properties are so cheap. Have you actually been to Japan before?

(don't get me wrong, Hak is a good place)
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
Whistler has/ or had TheBoot
by "the boot" do you mean one of those huge (four pitchers worth) glass boots that you and a huge group of friends guzzle beer out of and if the last person doesn't drink it right and gets beer all over him (or her however rarely do women take part in such activities i have found), he has to buy another round of the boot for the group?

those are fun. get one of those!

as for peelers, Golden had a great deal; "fresh meat monday". meaning THE stripper arrived on monday and performed for the week. this being a cause for celebration, draught beer was $1 a glass. or $20 a tray. good times!

Im not sure how I will feel about the place when I get there but through researching as much as I can b4 getting there via this site and many other sources I will be prepared as much as possible. That way if I do like what I see I can act as quickly as possible and not waste an oppurtunity, nor days/months/years "dreaming about it". If it feels right I do it, its worked finacially after sufficent due dilligence in the past hence my ability to be able to consider such a move. Moving is not an issue for me - I havent lived in the same house for more then 18 months since 1985, nor have I just stayed in Aus. Who knows I may or may not invest but at the very least I am open minded and willing to have a red hot go making a $ and having fun. I have put too many friends my age in the ground of late not to waste my life doing things I dont love.

I plan to live the dream where ever that takes me, not just talk about it. This may just be the next chapter.

Up until now I hadnt dreamt of a strp club but now ............. \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by panhead_pete:
I get there but through researching as much as I can b4 getting there via this site and many other sources I will be prepared as much as possible.

I plan to live the dream where ever that takes me, not just talk about it. This may just be the next chapter.

besides Pete, research is half the fun !

Follow your dreams, you only live once thumbsup.gif

You know that Simpson’s episode where the guy sells Springfield a monorail? At the town meeting sales pitch he gets them singing the monorail song and Homer stuffs it up at the end?

Well I've got that song stuck in my head. Except it isn't Springfield, its Hakuba.

…..And 'titty bar' rather than 'mono rail'.

Quote:
Pan_head Pete: Well, sir, there's nothing on earth

Like a genuine,

Bona fide,

Electrified,

Six-car

Tittybar!

What'd I say?

Soubriquet: Tittybar!

Pan_head Pete: What's it called?

Eskimobasecamp: Tittybar!

Pan_head Pete: That's right! Tittybar!

[crowd chants ` Tittybar' softly and rhythmically]

Bettyx: I hear those things are awfully loud...

Pan_head Pete: It glides as softly as a cloud.

MrWiggles: Is there a chance the track could bend?

Pan_head Pete: Not on your life, my Communist friend.

BushPig: What about us brain-dead slobs?

Pan_head Pete: You'll be given cushy jobs.

Misorano: Were you sent here by the devil?

Pan_head Pete: No, good sir, I'm on the level.

CreekBoy: The ring came off my pudding can.

Pan_head Pete: Take my pen knife, my good man.

I swear it's Hakuba’s only choice...

Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

All: Tittybar!

Pan_head Pete: What's it called?

Pan_head Pete: Once again...

Ski: But the Olympic Ski Jumps still cracked and broken...

Ocean11: Sorry, Yoghurt, the mob has spoken!

Tittybar!!

Tittybar!!!

[big finish]

TITTYBAR!

Fattwins: Titty... D'oh!

Hakuba needs patrol on the hills who can give you a backcountry report and a hut on the mountain with a detailed history of conditions and maybe where people have gone BC have reported their trip conditions - but unfortunately the patrol here are only concerned with inbound resort skiing. Something along those lines would be good.