• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
some of the landings are missing... ;\)
thats cos it's a trailer.
it's supposed to be tantalising.
They won't put in any shots that weren't landed - it's not like ski films in the old days with shots of people flying into the air, cut to different shot of neon mogul run, cut to...

afraid I can't suggest anything, but am also desperate for a movie about riding as opposed to flying through the air spinning... yeah, rails are even less enthralling... so far this seasons collection is only as far as "sandbox" - seems riding on rocks and handplants are "in" this year... not bad, but hardly a must buy video.

Anyways thanks for the youtube samplers so far...

Mate, I was going to rubbish you completely but I can't do that to someone that plays Birdman. Good work on the opening sound track. Very pleased to hear it.

I've only watched the 15mb file so far and I'll say this gently. I can see why Australians think Niseko is so good ;\)

Where was the footage shot at?

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
Mate, I was going to rubbish you completely but I can't do that to someone that plays Birdman. Good work on the opening sound track. Very pleased to hear it.

I've only watched the 15mb file so far and I'll say this gently. I can see why Australians think Niseko is so good ;\)

Where was the footage shot at?
Shot at Perisher Blue, very early season.....yes it is slim pickings in aus, but ya gotta take what you can get when you live on a dry and hot continent! Also our worst season in 24 years \:\(

I drove five hours each way to ski that crap, and I did it for 26 days this season, mostly on weekends! Crazy......bloody oath I am! \:D

I love Birdman....ask my travelling buddies...haha!

I got every Birdman LP (EP?) and single on vinyl, in a box set. I bought it back in 1987 when I was a high school kid. It cost me every cent I had (about $50 from memory). Like you we drive a lot. Last season it was Milan to Chamonix every weekend, but it only took 3 hours, not 5. Every morning at 5am as we turned the key and belted north, Radio Birdman would start the day for us, without fail. Its good to hear that 30 years on, they are rockin the early morning drives to the snow on both sides of the world. We also listened to Cog very often, Sydney boys from Bondi. Very good wall to wall music.

>>emphasis on my vids is people having fun and laughing at themselves...

I have lots of footage just like that. Not epic stuff, just good memories.

He basically just flopped off the starting rock onto his arse and then appeared to exaggerate his first few tumbles. And then pain came to visit.

For the benefit of everyone who understandably really doesn't care, I wish to inform that I will not be going to the local indoor ski fridge. I still have two weeks left on my pass but no more, I can't handle it. I hate it so much I never want to be in one again. I dislike doing groomr laps in resorts with a passion, so imagine me in a ski dome.

I predict that I will be on the real thing in 3 weeks anyway.

Spud, I bet you feel like a gerbil stuck in his wheel when in front of your computer screen or doing lapses at the ski dome. We always idolize the next level, once we reach it, get bored and idolize the next one. Never fully satistied really, then you die.

That's basically it. Live it mentally before you achieve it and when you do achieve it as a matter of course, dismiss it as nothing more than the intermediate stepping stone to the next level. If you can have a blast of fun along the way, all the better.

Then we die.

Most pot smoking types don't identify with that intense sense of purpose and drive, and that's fair enough.

What ever the clip was it didn't work. After 10 minutes of saying 'connecting to media' I got bored and, well, I did absoultely nothing. I just sat there, like a loser.

Was it mean?