• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gmon.

I found the much hyped Japanese element of Dusseldorf to be quite a let down. I think 10 years ago there were 20,000 J's, but these days there are about 5,000. Sure, that is still a big foreign gathering of Jexpats, especially in a small town. But it is hardly the core of this cities multicultural asset. Only the Japanese would get excited about 5000 of their 130,000,000 countrymen living outside of Japan in the one place. There are about 4 Japanese restaurants in so called 'Japan Town'. One is descent and authentic and one is the worst ramen place in the Earth, yet still cool and popular to visit. The Korean food here (which most Germs lump in with Japanese) is quite good. I know two different places to get ok ishi yaki babimpa. There is also an excellent Japanese and Korean supa that makes having satisfying nabe very easy.

I think I just found the way to solve the world's energy problem. Just hard-wire Spud to a giant generator, endless source of energy! He is as we say in french a real "pile electrique" lol.gif

I believe I recognized one of the persons on the Youtube Japan vid. The person who filmed part of it may even be on this forum ;\) .Nice footage.

The forum will be more lively once November is around the corner.

Nah NPM, it is good hear where I live. If I must live in a city then this is by far the most inexpensive and liveable place I know. Shits on almost any other city in Europe for easy living (and quantity of pretty girls and bars. I have ever seen so much beer nor so many people out drinking it and enjoying themselves). If it were near the mountains then I would stay here for years.

Quote:
Originally posted by NPM:

And by the way, it is BIBIMBA!

My J lady claims that you speak almost perfect Japanese, but in Korean it isn't spelt like that and I was in a Korean restaurant, so I win. :p

SerreChe - I am very excited about this season, so lots of electric in me. I'm trying to hook up with my younger brother in Europe. He is about 4,000 times more modest than me and 10,000 times as good at snowboarding. Inverted 7's in the pipe, what ever they are. I am excited about it. That Japan footage is ripped directly off a dvd that I was given. I met (and got plastered) with the crew that edited it and did some of the tunes. But I don't know anyone on it. Do tell...

Here's the opening sequence (with a bunch of the sponsors cut out in the middle). Some good footage of Japanese guys wrecking themselves pretty good. It also credits the people who made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIJmtu1RKkA

This really turned me on. I haven't ever done that kind of rock climbing yet, but the rest is familiar, perhaps a level or three above the situations I have been in.

And excuse my pathetic ignorance, but I had no idea Mt Cook in NZ was so awesome. This peak and line easily rivals most things in Chamonix.

The music is awful.

http://www.filmfest-stanton.at/trailer/Aoraki_244sec.wmv

But that's the wrong way around damit. It don't want to be a dealer, I want to be a user. But no one will deal to me, they just use. So I end up dealing my own supply, and thats no fun at all. I need to hang out with other addicts with their own supply.

You see how much snow they got in Colorado, second dump this autumn!! How happy would those monkeys be! They are already off the methadone and back on the real smack.

Thanks for the compliment DB. We should jump on a plane over to Colorado for early season lines! Would get me out of Tokyo for a while ... cheer me up a bit.

Anyway, 'bibimba' = bibimbap in Korean,(say 'beebeembop', basically), where bibim is (roughly) 'stir' and 'bap' is rice. That is what my old Korean friend told me, anyway. The spelling at your local Korean may not be as authentic and correct as you think Spuddy.

Oops. I got it wrong. The Korean place spells it correctly, I just wrote it wrong, remembering that it had P in it.

I can't go to Colorado, no, I must sit here all day doing nothing except pretending to work. Plus I would feel guilty flying there, I already fly too much for wanton pleasure.

So who's going snowboarding this winter? If this doesn't spark inside you.... sell yer gear. I mean seriously, look at the remainder of the crumbling bank that he slashes off in the closing frames. Its beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c5kfOQ-NcA

(Mike Basich, a guy you could envy. From 91 Words, a fantastic snowboard vid that you should buy)

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
 Quote:
Originally posted by AK 77:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIJmtu1RKkA&mode=related&search=

skip the annoying slow intro - this has some j riders crashing amusingly.
I like the annoying slow intro, thats why I left in in there :p
??? did you post this on Youtube? I think I found it by accident, i hadn't read the beginning of this thread!

Is there anyone we know in there?

Ho. lee. crap.

this year's black: thread the needle spins between multiple trees into narrow landings.

eeek.

can't wait to see it, as with Absinthe's releases every year....