Quote:
Originally posted by joshnii:
I'm planning next season already. Going to go about it properly this time.

\:\)
i already have the URLs, and the ToDos, itineraries, etc. on my Yahoo calendar - set to alert me on the 1st week of November, the 1st week of December, and every weekend after that up until i complete them and tick them off...

clap.gif

slow me down? i am fat(well not really) and out of shape so i don't think you will have to worry about that.

how far north is oishida?

i'm not to sure where the Funagata Yama area is, but i am interested. plus always interested in getting into asahi dake, iide san, ect. we should get together.

Oishida is 50km north of Yamagata. Funagata Yama is the volcano complex north of Zao, where Jangle Jungle is. I could meet you at Tendo or Higashine station. For Asahi dake, we could meet at Sagae.

Took a trundle up towards Jangle Jungle this morning. The access road was closed about 5km short, and ths sign said it won't be open until September. An easier way in to Funagata will be up the forestry track from the NW, via Obanazawa.

It wasn't a wasted trip, I found something I've been looking for for a couple of years. Ancient lake bed sediments, packed with fossils. I knew they had to be around somewhere.

I've not got it booked but I'm having a 10 day stint in Hakuba next winter. I'm tempted to try Hokkaido as well, it just seems a bit effort...

Rach, Hokkaido is really easy too. Less than a two hour flight to Sapporo and then a 2 plus hour bus ride to either Niseko or Rusutsu. So its not really that bad...

I wanna do Shiga for 1 week

Niseko for 1 week

Then Hakuba for 1 week

during the Xmas holidays though Im sure it will end up being 2 weeks in Hakuba. If my mates hook me up in Niseko then Ill go...so mates if youre reading this lurking somewhere... \:D \:D

Actually would love to do the same trip again with Bushpig, Ewok, and BPG thumbsup.gif That was fun!