• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
but lots of cheeky remarks.

Oh well, miller definitely needs to be reprimanded then.

wakaranai.gif

What a ridiculous line of posts. With that and the OTT outburst on the other Hokkaido thread - are you feeling all right?

I actually think "newcomers" often need protection from the "long standing members" who often seem to get rather full of themselves and actually quite rude when someone asks the simplest things.
 Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Right, and how much dirt am I allowed to dish out to lower peasants at that level? And does being mates with so-and-so give me points?

lol.gif

yup, youre only allowed to give members crap who have less posts than you...didnt you read the rules guidelines? ;\)
 Originally Posted By: brit-gob
 Quote:
but lots of cheeky remarks.

Oh well, miller definitely needs to be reprimanded then.

wakaranai.gif

What a ridiculous line of posts. With that and the OTT outburst on the other Hokkaido thread - are you feeling all right?

I actually think "newcomers" often need protection from the "long standing members" who often seem to get rather full of themselves and actually quite rude when someone asks the simplest things.

:pffffff:

are you actually helping anything here?
  • SnowJapan Admin

Look. Stop it. No more on this, ok.

It seems the only way we can stop this is promise that the next person/people who continues it get a temporary ban from the Forums - whoever it is.

The question is - why was Fattwins beating a dead horse, it had nothing to do with him either. He brought the thing up and started going on about the rights of long time posters.

• SnowJapan Admin

I'll presume you didn't see my last post brit-gob so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

THE END OF THAT DISCUSSION.

I finally dug deep enough into the archive of this thead to find out what this was all about, and since I have nothing of value to add I'll just say this...

....MAN this is a rough neighborhood

I have a lowly CyberShot...

http://images.digitalcamerainfo.com/images/upload/Sony-DSC-T1_frontclosed.jpg

but it's so small, and so cute, and weighs about as much as a BOC.

OK, I just checked with SJ and got the go ahead to defend myself a little bit after being gone the last few days and missing all that. I'm not gonna stir crap on this, but I wanna answer FT about what he said.

FT, reread the posts. Miller asked a question. Kuma said to google it (fair enough), but miller didn't know what exactly he was looking for (I know the feeling when you are new to all the equipment) and so I stepped in and gave him the link. Kuma had been very helpful with miller previous to that, and perhaps got sick of doing all the answering (fair enough too), but that doesn't mean that miller had to give up asking his question if he didn't quite know WHAT to google, and then whether he actually had the right thing. What's all this about sticking up for long-term members?? Geez, Kuma is an adult, he can stick up for himself, and if he had a problem with it all he could have said something. But he didn't. Then in you came and slagged us "long term members" off for not having kumas back, and saying "shame on you". Come on mate, that's making a mountain out of a mole-hill.