• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photos look good but I wish I had it set to FINE when I took them. I thought I had, but they were done on NORMAL. I'd have liked to have seen them at their "finest"!

Just something I noticed now. When looking through the viewfinder with the camera switched ON there is a very faint vertical line going from the central bottom to the middle focus mark in the centre. It disappears when the power is off. I hadn't noticed it before but presume it is ok and normal - it doesn't show on the photos. Did I just not notice it before?

No idea about the viewfinder, there's no line in mine. Perhaps I should have paid the extra money to get the line \:\)

I set mine up for fine quality and medium size. Medium fills my 21" monitor, I don't need anything bigger than that.

Hmm, wondering about that line. \:\(

As I said it doesn't affect the photos at all, and seems to appear when the camera is turned on. Anyone with a D200?

Yes I think from now on it will be FINE and MEDIUM for me too. Live and learn!

Fine lines around active focus area in viewfinder = These phenomena are normal and do not indicate malfunction.

That's that then I suppose. It may have been there from the beginning. I'll just accept it as a "feature"!

I wrote to Nikon support in the States about my little issue and they came back with:

"No this is not a defect it's normal. It provides power for that specifc focus site to illuminate and indicate focus."

There we go.

I looked at Canons and Sonys when I was out to buy, but decided that the Nikons were the way to go.

Strange:

Matrix metering

centre focus

Colour Mode III

ISO 100

White Balance Auto

Taken indoors with only light through the windows, the colours come out all washed out and faded but iamges have enough light.

Don't know why White Balance Auto can't cater, I have to turn it to Shaded manually to correct it.

Yes I am learning about white balance now and getting some good results from manually changing it. This is all a lot of fun.

Still interested in that funky fisheye lens.