I think they were the msr snow shoes. the tails wernt used creekboy is 75kilos and about 185cms tall. also wearing ski boots doesnt help. I think the tails wouldve helped big time. to be honest he was wobbling during the climbing so he was missing the track set by others. Once your tired it all goes down hill from there. Next time will be much better cause the fittness will be there and the blisters will be hard skin. The hike for me was more of a get out into the mountains then a good ski down.

Dont forget to add that Mr. Wiggles has an attachment for deep pow and heavier peeps. And Im only 180cm mate. That wouldve kept me from sinking 2 feet every freeking step. I followed bushpigs tracks as he did everybody elses mad.gif lol.gif

DB, those MSRs wouldve been nice Im sure with an extra 40% distribution attachment - Mr. Wiggles about how much more surface area would be added on - 30%to40%?

Wish I had read this earlier

Scary story that is indeed eek.gif . Creek exits are always sketchy. Good to here everybody got out safely.

I have always thought about carrying my bivisack for emergencies like this. You were lucky to be close to town but if Creekboy had been hurt somebody would have had to go get help and it could have been hours before you got out.

Just remember that adventures like that build character clap.gif You also have a good story to tell the ladies now.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
I think Markie is the funniest and craziest person Ive met in a long, long time eek.gif \:D

That's only because one technically can't meet oneself, cos' I probably don't even come a "close second" to you, Yamakashi! But thanks anyway!

I'm planning to hit the snowlands of J-land in Easter after I kill the slopes of France and Switzerland in February. Haven't decided where yet. Fattwins is twisting my arm to do Hakuba again. The Japanese family I stayed with last year are eager to get me back in Sapporo and my first choice, Echineko, seems to have forgotten my existence.
  • 11 months later...