Quote:
Originally posted by snowglider:

Toque I think its time you got a new camera. Your current one just doesnt seem to be capturing the photos well, the image quality is not great, it honestly looks like some of your photos are from a keitai camera.
Its a shame as your photos are in great locations but the image quality is letting yo down.
Digicams have a limited life span, they dont last forever, my 4megapix Sony Cybershot after 4 years and 10000pics began to fade, the CCD was getting worn and it wasnt capturing the images like it used to.
How old is your camera and how many photos have you taken?
Only 7 of those are from my camera
I'm really compressing them when I shrink them down.
In original size they are really quite good. My parents enlarged one of my pictures to poster size and it looks amazing.
 Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
SG, I don't think his camera is so old. It was birthday present from his GF last year, wasn't it? ;\)
That's not exactly true Slow
I broke that camera when it fell off my backpack two weeks after I got it as a birthday present. I went to the store and bought that same one.

some of them are from my camera or dans camera. when i shoot in sport mode i loose quality but get a better chance at the right best action shot. dans camera is also in that mix. my camera is new and its a nikon 5600. if you can tell me a better way to set it up then please do. im not that tech savy or nor do a ihave the desire to be that tech savy.

the line was 45 to 40 degrees the whole way day down but it was less angled than i thought it would be. chutes are 90% of the time at least 40 degrees or they really wouldnt be chutes and would turn into bowls.

ps i have my cmera set to the high setting im pretty sure.

mate, short of actually getting in and tweaking some of the custom settings, then the best and easiest way is to just stick with the preprogrammed sport mode as you are already doing thumbsup.gif

ah that makes sense as some of the photos are pretty good and the others are kind of shabby.

hard to know whose camera is whose.

What kind of camera did Ianbc have, his photos are primo.

ian has a digi cam but he is a pro so i would never even compare to him. he gave me some links to some friends before and they were some pretty hard core guys with a camera.

have you seen his bike mag? his shots are out of this world. go to doggy his sort of blog on his adventures to see some of the stuff that he is taking.

SG you can play with my camera when i see you over the summer. you can set it up better for me. i bought it to take pics of the wife etc so she will get the camera over the summer.

the stuff i have from japan is all from a 2 megpixel canon elfp i have had for years. I do use a proper DSLR and film SLR but most of anything that makes it to the web is from the elfp. When I Iug around proper gear it's usually with the intent of a print pubication and money.

Photoshop is the key. my stock formula for retouching pics direct from the camera is...

-resize to 72dpi 800 wide or tall

-sharpen

-adjust cuvers a little brighter

-adjust levels a little darker

-little bit of contrast

-ad some saturation (cause you loose it when you save for web)

-save for web

I think you can do that in any version of photoshop

Also I am headed back to Jland in June for a bike trip. stoked!

no... if your wondering about the japan pics off colour tones...I was on a newspaper look kick at the time thats why the colours are sepia'd out like they are.

no, no, all your pictures look great.

I'm just starting out learning about photoshop. However sometimes the pics I develop turn out different to what I see on screen. this is a shock after I've given the pics to the rider's sponsors.oops! I thought it might have been the calibration but now that I explain it outloud I don't think that's the problem.

the pics all look great!

after james dropped and stuck the cornice, did he land clear of that tree? it just looks like he could have run into it (that would suck) from the angle.

looked like a fun day