Fattwins has been looking at this couloir all season long. From the lodge window it glares at him each day. With good weather and other important lines knocked off we set out for this line.

Not sure of the name but the Peak we skied off is 2769metres and is the next big peak to the south of Hakuba Norikura.

Couloir is south facing in the shape of a Y

From SJ it was just FT and I

But also out there was Dave, James and John from Hakuba and Dan from Hida

We had amazing weather

A good crew

But not so good snow. From the top the couloir looked really pretty but after Dave's first turn the snow quickly went downhill. Wet slides and debris made the bottom half of the couloir just a little difficult to ski.

Pictures to come

I've got nothing else to do today so there should be a fair amount of them

Y Couloir from the lodge

This is just the top half.

The vertical of the entire couloir is about 900 metres I think.

James and Toque skied the lookers left arm

FT, Dan, John and Dave skied the lookers right arm

toque_233.jpg

Korenge dake. Maybe Snowconnection can tell us a bit about what we skied thumbsup.gif

toque_249.jpg

Most of our party skinning up the next big hill after Hakuba Norikura

toque_248.jpg

Walking a bit of wind scoured ridge

toque_245.jpg

All the way up the mountain we thought Dan might be Peter North. The infamous Danwich.

toque_235.jpg

Team Evergreen + 2

toque_250.jpg

I didn't ski this line but like the shot. This is the skiers left arm of the Y Couloir

toque_238.jpg

FT's entrance shot. He did ski this line. Again the skiers left arm of the Y Couloir

toque_247.jpg

Dave putting first tracks into the skiers left arm of the Y Couloir. Snow looked good at this point.

toque_236.jpg

Skiers right arm of the Y-Couloir

James by far skied the best of the group. Made every part of it look easy

toque_240.jpg

toque_241.jpg

toque_242.jpg

James and Toques tracks coming out of the skiers right arm of the Y-Couloir.

toque_246.jpg

Toque trying his hardest not to look like a beginner in the difficult slide debris.

toque_244.jpg

We did that. This is what happens when you are late to ski a south facing couloir. And yes I'm standing in a safe zone.

toque_243.jpg

James is a very good skier and in very good ski shape. I thought that he might get stuck in the heavy snow after the jump but he stuck it clean. I was willing to bet beers on it too.

He had the right set-up for the conditions after the slides though 105 in the waist 190cm gotamas. his set-up is super sick for that type of snow of big powder days.

The next time i go for that chute im going to camp at tengupara and head off at 4am in the morning. try to be there be 8 as well.

I didn't really have a problem with sluff so much

The top of ourline didn't move at all. And by the bottom James had flushed most of it out so when I went through the entire thing was just debris or slick hard snow

yeah you were the last to go really which kinda sucked. i knew that i needed to get out of the way of mine after my first 20 turns. its not like i could really safely beat it down. after that the chute was a mess, i want to get it again in better conditions and no stopping next time.

happoiike is the run we skied on sunday. i had fun exploring that ridgeline as it might be the safest droute down in te pow pow.

nice pics guys. the cornice looks tight!

just curious though, the photos make the line look relatively low angle compared to some of the other stuff you have displayed this year; is that so?

looks like it was a great day out, great weather.

shame you couldnt get a series on that cornice drop, way to go James, I have seen him huck crazy stuff before, he goes balls out.

Toque I think its time you got a new camera. Your current one just doesnt seem to be capturing the photos well, the image quality is not great, it honestly looks like some of your photos are from a keitai camera.

Its a shame as your photos are in great locations but the image quality is letting yo down.

Digicams have a limited life span, they dont last forever, my 4megapix Sony Cybershot after 4 years and 10000pics began to fade, the CCD was getting worn and it wasnt capturing the images like it used to.

How old is your camera and how many photos have you taken?