Hiya,

I went to Hakuba in the early parts of 06 for a little over a month, and without a doubt i had the best time of my life, props to hakuba people and the snowfalls!..

Now my question to the wise ones of SJ forums is if i am looking to head over for 2 months at the end of the year (late being 28th Dec). Upon arriving whats the chances of having enough snowfall to be riding in the trees and backcountry of Happo and Goryu/47? or should i spend a week or two in niseko before hand? ..

Thanks so much for your wisdom in advance ;\)

Ah thanks heaps, i was looking for something like that but didnt come across anything. That has answered my question in full. But if anyone wants to post some of thier own oppinions then i would still love to hear it ;\)

Cheers!,

Benny

If it's roughly from Dec.28th, nearly 100% guaranteed by my past statistics since 1989 when I moved into here.

A bit hard to pressume next season as it has been strange sometimes for this a couple of years - Very late snow at 2004-2005 then terribly tons of snow at Dec 2005.

Dizzy: Yeah mate going to stay at the same place again, had a ball there. Good hosts n very convinient location.

FT: thanks again, i wasnt looking at heading over until around 28th Dec anyway, so i will give it a shot and see how i go. Is it hard to buy realestate in Japan without being able to speak a terrible amount of Japanese? or is there any known companys that cater for the foriegn investers an find some places for you in your prefered locality?

Steve: if i end up buying a house in Japan in the next few years you can sleep on my doorstep. unless you climb up onto someones balcony again in bare feet with 50cm of freshies. That must have hurt, but it was worth the 3000 yen or whatever i paid you. If you do it again you can sleep inside.. maybe.

yeah im in contact with mitch already, hes slowly gettin his shit together, thanks for the tip tho. I stayed with him this year when i went over. Hes hooked one of my mates up with a pension already. Just would like to keep my options open for areas other than hakuba valley \:\)

wait up- we dont want the heads coming over to here as well...niseko is gone guys...what is the deal with all the info handouts- let the guys come and workt out themselves.

please keep it real fro those of us here who dont want a load of tourists coming in..damn

Pros for tourists coming: The Oyagii will work it out that the tourists are going to ride out of bounds no matter what and start training thier staff properly and opening up the now out of bounds areas for riding so you dont have to run and hide from 16 year olds with a ski patrol badge.. The old coots that own happo are going to put thier heads together and join 47 and happo soon enough..

Cons: First tracks life span will diminish greatly. No more quiet Japanese night life in echoland, it will become an aussie pub strip. there are alot more but i cbf typing them ;\)