• SnowJapan Moderator

Now that the snow is melting some of the damage it is leaving behind is appearing. Took some pics of some of the things we noticed

Should have moved that!

YuzawaNow_406.JPG

This building had 2m of snow on it for a long time:

YuzawaNow_402.JPG

Route 17:

YuzawaNow_401.JPG

YuzawaNow_405.JPG

YuzawaNow_403.JPG

There's plenty of that around here.

soubriquet_87.jpg

soubriquet_88.jpg

When I first came to Japan, I struggled to comprehend all the bent metal, but a 1.5 metre blanket of compacted snow is going to weigh about a tonne per square metre. That van could have easily had 4-5 tonnes of snow on its roof, and it aint designed for that.

Yes, she was covered. We also had to replace one of the plate glass windows at the side too. I spent about a month last autumn building protection, and I'll have at least a fortnight fixing stuff when I can get in. No major damage this year though.

Are those damaged houses empty ones? Damaged houses here are often empty houses.

But when I think of the crazy heavy snow at the begining of this season, any houses could be damaged if they didn't remove snow good.

And actually people didn't enough time to do that. However hard we tried to remove snow, it kept falling. I could not help doing that some times even at night in the dark which is very dangerous.

\:\(