I'm really struggling to find cheap accommodation for next season in Nozawa, I'm looking for something in the 3-4,500 range, probably backpackers. Everything seems to be very expensive! Can anyone recommend somewhere? Thanks for the help,

Steve

Is it just for yourself?

Last weekend we stayed at a simple place that was 3000 per person with 3 people in the room.

The week before we stayed at komatsu-ya for 4,000 incl breakfast with 2 persons in a room. (02 6985 2720)

Both for Saturday night and both walking distance from the Nagasaka gondola. At both locations no one spoke English.

don't think there is a backpackers in Nozawa.

• 5 months later...

wave.gif

Bringing up an old topic of mine. A late thanks for the info above! I thought I'd just ask one more time if anybody can recommend some nice Minshukus in Noz. My budget is max Y4,000 with breakfast. I know its low but that's all I can afford. Ideally I'd like to stay in a nice little family run Minshuku that's cheap and near the slopes. Any last ideas? Cheers! thumbsup.gif

The Pension Schnee might have something - it's my favorite place at Nozawa. The email address is available through the Nozawa town's website - they understand English. It's true ski in ski out and nice, clean and warm. Because it is on the snow, getting back there at night after a night out is tricky but they will meet you at the snow line if you ask nicely and it's not too late.

I have heard of poeple/computers that randomly troll thru websites for email addresses to then use or sell to spammers. I am not 100 percent sure about it, but I think the risk is probably high enough to warrant a bit of caution - especially if it isn't your own email address.

Probably just a case of "best not to". These forums get a lot of traffic so that increases the chances of spammers picking up on email addresses out in the public domain.