• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some more pics from yesterday up:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/sjmember.php?uid=kumapix

the place is gokurakuzaka in Toyama. Small resort with awesome trees if there's pow. We explored a new part yesterday and found good stuff. but I got taken out by a concrete branch and got a split lip. then I lost the handle for my shovel. it was going to be a rotten day but then we found the handle and then ended the day by riding down the snowed in ski jump. he he he

Mate, nice pics! thumbsup.gif Some of those night shots at the temples are awesome. I don't have any online. Might look into it. I asked for the Tamron lense instead of the standard one when I got the camera, so dunno how much. I think they go for about 3 or 4 man...

Cheers Bushy! I have really got into the photog thing over the last year or two but still have a lot to learn. I am not yet really up on all the functions that the D70 has either.

Definitely going to look into a BIG MF ZOOM!

NPM I really like your black and orange leaves picture.

I take the dslr up in my burton zoom pack. No cover for the cam so I only shoot when it's not snowing. I have mitts that has removeable fingers so my hands don't freeze (1000yen at uniqlo)- i wear them under my burton ak mitts.

the zoom bag is real good if you're shooting in the resort but you can't fit a shovel/probe into it. You can only carry a cheap 100$ tripod on it, not a heavy duty pro one. I use it for video too. I have a rain cover on my video camera though, so I can shoot when it's snowing. I also take a collapsible umbrella to block snow/sun