1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Usually don't wear mine, but after reading Sock_monkey's comments on tre skiing and seeing Kumapix with one I took mine on the hill last Saturay.

It was great because it keeps you head much better warm then an beanie.

I almost always wear mine but I did tick All the Time

Except for winter BC skiing/touring when I don't want to carry my winter helmet. Gets full of snow and then cold. I don't need that.

But in the spring my climbing helmet comes out for skiing

I've been bicycling and skateboarding for a long time and would never ride without a helmet, but when I started snowboarding, there were few if any wintersports helmets. After smacking my skull on an icy run or two, I thought, "damn! I'm just going to board with my skate helmet," but a whole bunch of companies introduced snow helmets around that time, so I bought one. Been riding one ever since.

I was actually less concerned that my ability or the terrain would cause an incident that would require the protection of a helmet than I was that some out-of-control yahoo would take me out.

Thats why I started wearing a helmut because some guy blind sided me and his head connected with the point of my shoulder so hard that it knocked him out and left me with a sore shoulder for 3 months. If we had head clashed I don't think I'd be walking now or worse.

I read something, I believe it was here, about a bloke who suffered a significant amount of injury when he was nailed in Rusutsu in the slow area around the ski racks by a speeding Korean dude. I've been in Rusutsu several times, and two of those visits have coincided with the Korean Amway convention! Talk about wake up call... I'm glad I didn't have to suffer being hit from behind and having teeth knocked out! I've been taken down before, but thankfully they have all been low-speed, superficial incidents (knock on wood)...

Let's wearing the Helmet!

Usually if i`m planning on getting inverted or trying something tricky, i`ll wear a helmet.

But i have seen these jel pads for the back of your head (where you usually smack it) that are small enough to fit under a toque. i think i`ll get one of those for everyday riding.

I got my helmet after going off a 4 metre cliff headfirst. Landed on my back in pow but it was a wakeup call. Now I always wear it and I love it. When I have to hike I just put the goggles up on the 'met and they don't fog. Before they would always fog when I hiked

Quote:
Originally posted by dale#1:
Do you guys wear your helmets just for a day on the groomed runs?
to me that question is like "do you wear you seatbelt in the car in a quick trip just down the road?"
 Quote:
Originally posted by dale#1:
Do you guys wear your helmets just for a day on the groomed runs?
Even more so. It is crowded, faster action and harder surface with more sharp moving objects (other peoples equipment) than the BC.

I have a Giro Fuse and quite like it for the very low weight and load's of ventilation (vital). The fit is ok but not amazing. I bought it on sale: unpopular colour was black. Don't get a black helmet, your hard cooks on a warm sunny -5C day. I want to paint it grey but think it might weaken the outer shell.