• SnowJapan Moderator

on.gif SJ PHOTO CONTEST

Get your cameras out – it’s time for a fun Photo Contest. There are some prizes involved (see below) but we hope people will be taking their cameras out anyway and getting some great pics from the Japanese slopes this winter.

OK, here’s how it works.

There will be 4 categories:

1) “Best Action Photo”

2) “Best Scenery Photo”

3) “Best Set of Photos” (10 or more at the same resort on the same day)

4) “Best Crazy Photo”

How to Enter:

All photos (taken in Japan) that are uploaded to the SJ Photos section (ie. here ) will automatically be entered to the contest. It’s that simple! (So photos already in the Photos section are entered).

Are there any prizes?

Yes.

The winners of each of the 4 categories will each receive:

1) Some brand new Smith goggles (sent to you in May 2006);

2) Two one-day lift tickets for NEXT season (ie 2006/7 season). The valid resorts will only be confirmed in November 2006, but they will be resorts in Nagano or Niigata.

(But you’re not doing it for the prizes, right?)

When will the winner be decided?

Any photo uploaded up until and including 14th May 2006 is valid. The winners will be decided the following week.

Who will decide the winner?

A panel of experts…… er, the SJ Forums moderators plus four “special guest judges” will be making the final decisions.

Anything else?

- Photos don't have to be from this season to be valid for this contest;

- But they do need to be photos taken in Japan;

- Please do not send photos to us to enter this competition - upload them the the SJ Photos section (see below);

- You don’t need to be a pro photographer to win this – it is meant to be a fun thing, not a serious photography technique competition.

So.....upload your photos here:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_gallery.php

If you are logged in, you can go directly to the uploading page:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_gallery_image_uploader.php

Looking forward to seeing all the pics!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SnowJapan Moderator

OK folks - well, the judges flew in from all over the world, a grand meeting was held and the winners have been chosen!

We'll be posting the results and stuff on Friday.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
Friday??? the suspense is killing me!
I just hope Toque's foot picture does NOT win. I still have nightmares about it!
Glad to know I'm making it into a few of your dreams
And gladder (if that's a word) yet that they are not happy dreams

I've just been asked to post a message on here to let you know that it is going to be next week when we are able post these results and stuff. My colleague - the one who has been putting this all together - has not been very well at all today and he won't be able to finish things up and get things online tomorrow. \:\(

Very sorry about this, please accept our apologies....... early next week, promise!

>the one who has been putting this all together - has not been very well at all today and he won't be able to finish things up and get things online tomorrow.

alright, whos hungover after the footie match? mad.gif :p We told you before, drink lots of water before passing out! ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Wiggles:
My money is on the pic of Fatty in a wetsuit getting on the train carrying a kayak.
lol.gif lol.gif
He looked so happy in that picture
That's a good one to dig up
I think it was before SJ pictures came online though