Really nice picks SerreChe, I wish I was able to come this weekend too.

Did you scale up all the way to the top or you just staid below the lifts?

Are you going to be up there for Christmas also? I will be coming with the lady too, so it would be nice if we had a SJ get-together on the slopes and BC. \:\)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanjo, we could tell you where it is but we would have to kill you afterwards lol.gif

Tsondaboy, only stayed under the lifts. Was really windy up top (as usual)! Even if it had been less windy I am not sure I could have made it to the top in that snow. As soon as the pitch of the slope increased I found myself helplessly sinking through the white stuff even with the floatation tails. So I had to make 2 or 3 digging moves with the shoes before actually setting foot. Lighter japanese people with snowshoes and Mr. & Ms Montoya on their splits had no problems. I was completely DEAD by the time we arrived to the top of the lift.

I will be stuck in Tokyo for Xmas unfortunately as some outlaws are coming to town. I may go to Kagura next week-end, after that probably will not be able to go there for a few weeks. Sorry that we will not be able to catch-up at Xmas time. Hopefully can catch-up another weekend. happyglass.gif

SerreChe or anyone else in the Tokyo area wanting to go to Yuzawa over Christmas. I have just chartered a bus to pick me and my friends up from Narita to go to Naeba on Dec 23. The bus seats 25 and we are only ten so anyone who wants a free ride, just let me know.

(only condition is no smelly farts while on the bus)

Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
Lighter japanese people with snowshoes and Mr. & Ms Montoya on their splits had no problems.
I remember being behind Mr`s Montoya the other day, stepping exactly on her trails and sink!! She seems to be floating on the snow, I think she is en Elf (i.e. LOTR)!!!!! lol.gif
It reminded me of that scene in LOTR, when the fellowship try to pass the mountain range. Legolas is walking ahead floating on the snow, wile the rest are digging a deep trail in it!
I felt like Gimly. :p

Thanks for the offer Markie but I will be going up there by car. We need it to move around to check 1-2 different places that I didn’t make it last season and also for the way back home on Monday. Lets get all together on the slopes though! \:\)

Yeah, Tsondaboy, Montoya etc... let's round up a posse and catch them bandits!

SerreChe, good thing you got to hit the slopes already. I'm sure Christmas in Tokyo with the family will be just as fun.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally posted by NPM:
Tsondaboy, how often do you head up to Kagura? You have your own car to get up there or is it someone else's?
Usually I go there by shinkansen, with the 1 day trip plan from the JR Vyu plaza. When I go with the lady it is her car that I am driving (that’s the case for these Christmas).
In high season I go along with some J-friends that have a car. I don’t have a car of my own, and I definitely don’t wanna have a car in Tokyo, its too damn expensive to maintain.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
Yeah, Tsondaboy, Montoya etc... let's round up a posse and catch them bandits!
Markie, lets do a Christmas “drink till you drop” party after the slopes. \:D

Markie, are you coming to Naeba from 23rd? Untill when? If I knew it I didn't make any plan on that weekend but have to have Christmas lunch and dinner with my friends... Don't you have any plan coming to Tokyo??

はい、苗場へ まいります。 二十三日 から 288;二十九日 まで 湯沢 に おります。のりこさ ん に おめ に かかりたい です が、 今 230; 東京 を 通る つもり です。

Oops, the coding seems to have made mincemeat out of my kanji.

Here is another attempt:

ほい、苗場 へ まいります。二十三日 から  108;十九日 まで 湯沢 に おります。 のりこさ ん に おめ に かかりたい です が、こん 393; 東京 を とおる つもり です。

Hey,

Had a magic day up there last Saturday - hoping to head up there on Sunday with mudguts if anyone else is keen???

Just reading the reports now and seeing that kagura / Gala areas have more snow than Niseko right now!?? having only been here for a few seasons, just curious as to whether this a bit of a freak start to the season or not?????????

anyone have any ideas????

Markie, 残念。じゃぁ、また今度日本に来る時は教えてね Merry Christmas!!

8man, Kagura area gets more snow than Niseko but usually snow in Niigata is wetter and heavier.