TR: First and Second turns of the Season. POWDER in the Tateyama. Nov 19/20 and 26/27

Kurisu I hear yeah but it is expensive to get started. Look for deals where and whenever you can find them. I dont think you can beat the trekker beacon package that toque and i offered you. ill even sweeten the pot to this

toques trekkers

a beacon

and a pair of fat skis with bindings

all for 5man

skis are 185 nordica beast 92s and come with din 14 sally bindings.

Ps sorry we rushed off kurisu. we didnt plan that quick dash exit like that. heck I was hardly able to get my arse out the door that fast. Toque had to sit on the steps of the bus.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deal sounds nice... now if I only had 5 man. If it's still being offered in January let me know.

I'll post some pics tonight... can't do it from school. the one of your face plant is pretty good ;\)

kurisu is newish to Japan yama.

yama even i wouldnt drink the crap that I brought to tateyama without a good mix. It was crap and way too cold to drink. Some guy brought some great sake fruity taste but damn hard to drink it cold.

kurisu I need to put the skis on yahoo soon sorry but timing is everything. anyways you know what is on the table.

What time did you get home?

Yama - i know a guy named Yoshi but I've only been here about 8 months so I'm not the person you're thinking of.

FT - for sure put them on yahoo... I hope you get a good price for them. i know it's a good deal but I just can't afford to pay any more right now. and I got home around 6:30 (had a beer up top with some Japanese guy whose name I can't remember before taking the last ride down at 3:15)

a skin is something used to climb it slides forward but does not slide back.

the 600 yen whiskey was a joke and nobody drank it. kurisu made some great spiked choco coffees.

It was pretty cold but thats why you bring the

-20 sleeping bags. Toque post the pic of me sleeping all bundled up.

Montoya i was in my bag already but toque was still puttering around outside scoring us drinks. You shouldve have come its such a fun place. the guy in the bottom right corner is a myoko guide.

haha..

hmm..does a skin attach to yr skis or boots or something?

man, i need a -20 sleeping bag here in matsumoto! i'm afraid of electric blankets & don't wanna pay 2000 yen for a hot water bottle.

wow. you really do learn something new every day. i thought you all hiked up with your skis slung over yr shoulder or something.

is glue like real glue, or is that the name of the latch bit? because if you put glue on yr skis, aren't you going to have to re-wax them or something?

aaah to know something about winter life..

The glue usally doesnt come off of the skins but... this trip my glue came off and gave me hassles.

Here is what I think went wrong

I stored them in a space that got humid and wet during the summer. The glue now has a high moisture content. Im going to have to strip the glue off and then re-glue the skins.