There are two nice hotels in Okushiga kogen. Both of them have very nice bar with a fireplace, you can have a relaxing night over watching the fire move after skiing. I think you can afford to stay those hotels.

I know you always treasure my advice, and I recommend a tent at Wada Toge. You can ski the fantastic powder completely undisturbed, enjoying the invigorating hike back up. Then you can wash each other's sweat-soaked bodies down with fresh snow and jump giggling into your zipped-together sleeping bags and watch the flickering light of your Primus stove.

Then, while the snow falls lightly on the tent, you can howl romantically as you celebrate your Pagan Christmas like wild animals.

sunrise, there's loads of info in books and on the Web about growing food on balconies and apartment rooftops. I think they probably make it sound easier than it actually is, but I'd give it a go if I was in that situation. A rather feral Australian girl I know here tells me that her balcony plants do very well on blood.

My goal is to go snowboarding using biodiesel to get there. It's a bit of a tough challenge to meet, and I may have to allow myself some slack here and there...

Thanks for that link, Ocean. Pity there's so much black crap that settles on my balcony from a nearby big road... but I'll look into it regardless...

That girl sounds feral, still, I have heard of "blood and bone" fertilizer years ago...

Quote:
Pity there's so much black crap that settles on my balcony from a nearby big road
Same boat here. I wish I had a garden.

As for Christmas, we got a big stonking party planned, and hopefully on the slopes during the daytime.

Well if you've got any plants going by Christmas, don't let anybody vomit on them. The acid kills plants very quickly. When I worked on a campsite in France, I and my confreres killed the tree outside our tent by vomiting on it repeatedly.

No it wasn't on purpose. But nearly every night somebody would stagger outside the tent, lean on this poor, convenient tree and throw up all over its roots. Soon all of its leaves fell off and its branches shrivelled. Finally it was just a blasted stump. Killed by Pernod, red wine, and stomach acid. It took about 4 months to kill it.

It had its revenge though. The last person who tried to lean against it threw up all over themselves when the tree just keeled over.

So what are your Christmas plans now Siren?