A new Feature - "Working at Japanese Snow Resorts", has been put online.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/working-at-japanese-ski-resorts.html

"Over the years we have had many people write in to us at Snow Japan asking about working at Japanese resorts - what is available and how to go about finding work. Often we are unable to help out as there really is no one way to get into working at resorts in Japan, and it is often a case of knowing people or being lucky more than anything else.

We wanted to get some feedback from some operators in popular snow resort regions that employ non-Japanese and so we recently asked them about their thoughts on the subject. On this page you'll find their responses."

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/working-at-japanese-ski-resorts.html

Please note that the views expressed in any Features on Snow Japan are not necessarily those of Snow Japan.

Discuss it here...

That was a great read - thanks for the info.

I was always worried that there were no jobs up there if you weren't an instructor, but it seems there should be plenty for me to do. Also, it's encouraging that being fluent in Japanese will finally pay off!

MT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dave is canadian, not aussie.

i worked in a ski resort from december last season and somehow stayed on til golden week. my japanese improved a heap & i made lots of friends, both staff & guests. it was a great experience which i'd recommend to anyone. plus i learnt how to snowboard, which was definitely the highlight of the trip!

i was at happo one, in hakuba. i never thought i'd fall in love with a tiny town, but it was great!

i've heard niseko & hokkaido have way more foreigners, particularly aussies, is this true? there was about 6 of us working in hakuba hotels, with another 4 or more doing office work/more permanent positions.

you know i was driving in my car today, about 8am, surprisingly lots of traffic for these parts, & suddenly the penny dropped.

man, i haven't spoken english for so long, i swear i've lost my sense of humour. my apologies.

(scouser, yr signature has never been more true, i swear)

i was at a hotel, and in a bar, up in the wadano forest.