I was just wondering. I saw a movie recently with some amazing ski vid work and I remember seeing a documentary about the skiing in OHMSS Bond flick where that Olympian ski guy took lots of the footage skiing backwards. Very interesting it was. I was just wondering how difficult it was and if we had any backwards skiers here \:\)

ahh in that case ... it is fairly easy to ski backwards and I imagine most skiers can do it esp. those that like the park and want to do 180s 540s or just fill in time on the flatter sections.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
I think somebody already posted it but Markie only skis backwards!!!
I think we have to blame Fattwins for that. I used to sometimes ski forwards and sometimes backwards but I couldn't go too fast backwards, especially on rough terrain as my back tips would dig into the snow when they were in front. Then Fattwins put me on his twin tips and sent me flying. That was great fun. I'm probably going to get a pair of twin tips for next season and then I'll have no reason to ski forward.

Hey, Yama. No I am not actually "****ing". Please don't mention that 4-letter word to me, it should be censured.

I have been checking out the forums regularly, but with the snow season off, my interest in the "small chat" declined.

I still have no plans for summer so my favourite destination, J-Land, is a distinct possibility despite the lack of snow.

Fatts, don't you remember, I DID say: "how much will you let me have them for?" and you said that they were your "park skis" and you really didn't want to sell them.

Anyway, we don't have to do the "you said...I said" thing. We can still do it, I'm still interested.

dont tempt me cause Im leaning dude I am leaning.

Man we had a good week with you guys. Im just thinking about those good times. Not much snow but great people, good food and nothing but smiles and jokes. Thats what makes being in the mountains so good sometimes, you just make the best of it.

Beaast 92 188cms.

bought them for the bindings same as the ones on my jaks. I figure a jak binding is gonna break soon. Then I can re-mount them in the same holes myself.

Also the lbfs will go touring only next year.

Park smark

I'm going to be doing my early season skiing in my Denalis on the Shuksans.

I just realized my boots and skis are both named after big rugged mountains. Would have been funny if they had named the FreeRide the Saint Elias or something like that

Toque park breeds different skills and keeps the fear away when jumping. If you can huck a 7meter gap then a 3 to 5meter drop is a piece of cake.

I will buy freerides man dont you worry about that.