Get yer own ski resort for only half a million dollars.

Article says talks broke down to sell to Japanese investors, so they're halving the price. You wouldn't buy the land, only the operating license and facilities.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20041117-00000009-mai-soci

<スキー場>5000万円でオーナーに 閉鎖で 406;地に 長野

スキー場を5000万円で買いませんか――。運࢒ 2;会社の倒産で今年3月に閉鎖されたスキー場の新 12458;ーナーを、地元のペンション経営者や関連業者Ӕ 4;探している。リフト6基、レストラン2棟、レン 12479;ル用品など総額約60億円をかけた設備。地域ಇ 6;済再生へ向け、究極の「ダンピング」で最後のか 12369;に出た形だ。

中央アルプス・木曽駒ケ岳(2956メートルA 289;西ろくの長野県木曽福島町にある「木曽駒高原新 和スキー場」は85年開業。初・中級者向け6コ 540;スを擁し、ピークの92年には約20万人が入場 したが、大阪府の運営会社の経営難で2月末に廃 989;した。

地元経済の危機に4月、場内に出店する業者や 506;ンション経営者ら20人が「木曽駒高原スキー場 を再生させる会」(加藤雅洋代表世話人)を結成 290;土地代を除く営業権などの売却先を探し、1億円 程度の売値で約10社と交渉したが成立しなかっ 383;ため、半額の5000万円とした。

加藤代表は「すぐ営業再開できる状態。来てく 428;る方には地元を挙げて歓迎します」と話している 。問い合わせは加藤代表(0264・23・80A 299;1)。【神崎修一】

(毎日新聞) - 11月17日3時3分更新

I would keep 2 lifts and make it a ski cross board park. build 2 superpipes a regular half pipe. a stair rail 2 rainbow rails, a spine to kicker to spine to kicker. I reakon that would be sic to see. one show piece air at the bottom.

Article says they got 200,000 visitors at their peak in 1992. Who knows what it's like now.

The fact they halved the price is a red flag they have debt to lay off. Or, might be the cost to cover shutting down expenses, etc.

Still, _only_ 5000万円. Friend's new manshion in Tokyo cost more than that...

Nego's fail with 10 companies so they halve the price.

My guess is they offered a half price to these guys too, but something was not right with the other parts of the books.

In my old book it says 350m of vert (Yakebitai at Shiga is only 460m) and two good sounding pipes (150m, 3m walls, 16 deg) in a row so the kids can hit both.

Six lifts in such a small place. Madness!

The killer is its 71km on ordinary roads from Nakatsugawa on the Chuo. Also, 30mins by bus from the local station. Ontake is also close by.

Fatty

The price of the resort suggests that the public has already voted with its feet. I was just saying that the resort is not as crappy as quite a few others. Maybe if it was near the highway....

on J-ski.com it says about this resort

350m vert

1200m longest trail.

That can't be! That would make this resort steep to very steep. Looking at the photo it is flat. So I guess the 350 vert is from the bottom to the top of the hill (that is 200m vert of climbing yourself through the forest. sounds like fun!, but might be promising if you can add the upper part, but you need more snow still