I dont ever bother with the NZ/ozzy thing, but if I were a NZ'er this would really get my goat.... particularly considering how poor ozzy snow is compared to NZ snow!!

http://www.telemarktips.com/Centerfold.html

T[his pic changes quite regularly so perhaps if you read this post in the future there will be no logical link between myt post and the picture at this URL]

I am australian. Australia doesnt have a Mt. Anything. It is an island desert. It has a few hills that get 2 months of frost each year, thats about it.

Great surf though, almost the best in the world. For quantity and variety certainly the best in the world (unless you want to treck up the coast of africa).

I should have been more obvious with my sarcastic comment. There is no Mt Cook in Australia. It is in NZ.

NZ has far , far better snow country than australia.

As for kangaroos in NZ.... that was sarcasm as well , yes?

Great shot though - got to like the bamboo ski poles. Just as a note - I was looking in to going down to NZ next summer for some skiing and was surprised to see the meager amount of snow down there. Lots of places reporting 60-100cm bases. Compared to what we had last yr in Japan that is tiny. Happo had 250cm+ last yr and Arai at the high times was over 500cm. May have to look elsewhere for that trip. Is this an unusually light snow year down there?

Deebee, snowboard_freak... Aussie snow is not the best but at least we have some. Think about having to travel all the way to NZ just to get a fix of the white stuff! We get a few pow days a season, some seasons being better than others. Snowboard_freak... where are you? I was surfin winki and bower last week too!

deebee... the national park is awesome. Shame I dont get down that way more often.

Snowboard_freak... Im just up the road from manly in seaforth. Get out for a wave a few times a week. Mountains and beaches, I love them both!

woywoy - i go to TAFE with a guy from Seaforth and know a couple of others in North Balgowlah and the Northern Beaches in general!!

i wish i could get out as much as you for a wave!!! I just don't have the time anymore unfortunatley.

Do you surf or bodyboard? Ski or board?

I managed to get down to Perisher 3 times this season which i was pretty stoked about. Did you get down there at all??

Snowboard_freak... Im a surfer and ride a snowboard.

I got out there for a wave this morning actually. Was fun... hasnt been waves for a few weeks so it was good. Just out at queensy.

My uncle lives at Jindabyne so I spent quite a few weekends down there this season. More so towards the start of the season when there was more fresh on the ground but I had a few great days actually. Not deep pow like in japan or anything but just really nice high speed runs over like 10-15cm of fresh. Was fun... cant wait to go riding again soon.

I reckon I managed to get the best of all worlds this year with the snow. Spent all of July down at Jindabyne enjoying the great early season snow. Then moved to Aomori andd spent the last couple of months hearing from friends about how little snow has fallen since. Now looking forward to my first Japanese season up North \:D

Deebee, have you spent time down at Burning Palms?

LOTS of surfing at Burning Palms. There is a photo taken from the track (about half way down the hill) on my computer screen as we speak.

The best surfing I had in Sydney was at :

Burning Palms, Era Beach, Little Era, the point at Era and Garrie, plus a few spots in between.

I've got the luxury of being able to see the Bower and Winki from my balcony, plus a little section of south steyne as well.

If the swell is small though i tend to go to curlie.

I got down to the snow at the start of the season as well. Had some nice days. Had one awesome day in the middle of the season. It had snowed a fair bit overnight and snowed most of the day so that was a pretty good day. But im sure it will all perish in comparison when i hit Niseko!! \:D \:D

snowboard_freak... Im very jealous of your view! That is like where I would dream of living! It's pretty pricey up that way though isn't it? I surf Curly most of the time when it's smaller too. Less backpackers and more room to move. No matter how long I surf there I dont think I will ever be able to say that I like the infamous "curly backwash" though. Really depends on the banks at curly. There can be times when it's super fat even on the low-tide and other times when there is just perfect banks all along the beach. I surf Manly when curly is closing out but... usual NSteyne.

Snowhaus... sounds like a good year. Im rather jealous. I have spent a bit of time up in Hokkaido and also in Tokyo. The pow in japan goes off! Aomori should be good though Ive never made it up that way except in the summer. What are you doing over there? The season here in oz was ok, wasnt it? I had a few awesome days in july and early august. Lots and lots of fun and because the weather was absolute shite it wasnt too crowded at all. Enjoy the jap pow though!

snowboard_freak... Im very jealous of your view! That is like where I would dream of living! It's pretty pricey up that way though isn't it? I surf Curly most of the time when it's smaller too. Less backpackers and more room to move. No matter how long I surf there I dont think I will ever be able to say that I like the infamous "curly backwash" though. Really depends on the banks at curly. There can be times when it's super fat even on the low-tide and other times when there is just perfect banks all along the beach. I surf Manly when curly is closing out but... usual NSteyne.

Snowhaus... sounds like a good year. Im rather jealous. I have spent a bit of time up in Hokkaido and also in Tokyo. The pow in japan goes off! Aomori should be good though Ive never made it up that way except in the summer. What are you doing over there? The season here in oz was ok, wasnt it? I had a few awesome days in july and early august. Lots and lots of fun and because the weather was absolute shite it wasnt too crowded at all. Enjoy the jap pow though!

woywoy - yeah the area is pricey now, but my parents originally bought the house over 20 years ago for about $40 000 eek.gif not even that much i don't think.

Somehow i don't think i'm going to be able to stay in the area with prices where they are at the moment!!!

The beach at Curlie is almost non existent now, its so eroded!! well in the south part at least.