I saw a fair few on the slopes. They were annoying and the people on them looked more than a little dangerous.

Gamera is that you riding one there in your avatar? You any good?

• 4 months later...

there was a demonstration at panorama on happo over spring, everyone could try one for free which was nice.

however, being an uncoordinated first-timer (even with exp on skis, blades & snowboarding), i was laughing away with my friends as we flew down the slope, suddenly i hit a bump & somehow smacked my open mouth on the handlebar. seriously. chipped my front tooth, all the japanese dentists said they couldn't do anything, but cost me $300 to fix it when i got back to oz.

yes, snow skooters are lots of fun until you chip a tooth.

or its just cool. I remember those guys telling us not to head into the trees at my local mountain. How is a patroller gonna get the bike outta there if someone gets hurt? they can do it but it would take more time and possibly another sled.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
I saw a fair few on the slopes. They were annoying and the people on them looked more than a little dangerous.

Gamera is that you riding one there in your avatar? You any good?
Yep, that's me \:D
Not yet good, that was first time for me to try it.
 Quote:
Originally posted by bettyx:
all the japanese dentists said they couldn't do anything, but cost me $300 to fix it when i got back to oz.
Ah... don't get me started on the dentists or doctors....

The scoot looks cool though. Have a feeling I would maul myself on it thoush...