When I went to Yuzawa a while back, I was surprised to learn that it isn't very high up, and the temperatures aren't particularly low in winter.

So knowing that powder requires a low temperature to survive, I began to doubt if Yuzawa would be the place for it.

Can anybody tell me if you can find pow in Yuzawa?

my first ski trip in japan was in yuzawa area...

I think it was joetu, or one of the really big ones...

but anyways, there was lots of "powder"...it was wet and heavy, but you could still float if the pitch was nice enough...temps were still cold so it was not like the guck you get in warm weather...

I was happy! \:D

danz

you are right...

now that I think about it, it definetly was NOT joetsu...

In fact, I hated Joetsu...that's probably why the name popped up first...it was that dispicable...

but it was somewhere in yuzawa...

danz

Yeah, Yuzawa`s overall elevation isn`t all that high. But if you go a little bit further away from it some ski areas` got pretty good snow. The first place that pops in my head is Tashiro-Kagura-Mitsumata area. GALA Yuzawa isn`t all that bad either from what I heard (will be out there for the first time later in Dec to check it out for myself). Kandatsu Kogen also has some decent white stuff..but it`s always crowded.

JOKE souser! HUMOUR! I see you don't got yours switched on this morning.

Um, let me explain. There's a brand of humour based on regionalism, and a subset of that revolves around hostility between the capital and the provi...

Ah, forget it! But you can toe my line if you really want to... :p

A semi-decent attempt at squirming out with the "I was being humorous" line there Ocean11.

Doesn't quite work though.

I think you said it one time - smileys often help with the humor thing.

oo, looks like you have a good memory. But you will notice my post to scouser does have one of them winkin' muthers above it...

I guess we country bumpkins are just more mellow most of the time. Looking at snowy white mountains from our bedroom windows in the morning probably helps there.

Edokko'tte!

Re: Joukoku

Hearsay, I'm afraid, but one of my mates who is a regular at Sanosaka Water Jump says the top freestyle ski guy at the jump (he's supposedly world class) is heading off from Hakuba to Joetsu Kokusai this winter. This would suggest that there must be something there for freestylers at least.

Re:Smilies

I never notice the ones above the posts.

Re:jokes

Fight fire with fire people!