Are you trying to convert your non- snowsliding friends to take it up this year? Like I just posted in another thread, I've just got a few J friends to agree to hit the slopes for the first time (or first time in 5 years for one of them).

Commiting the ulitmate sin and taking my girlfriend up to the slopes this year. She is a boarder and hasn't seen the snow for about two years due to other commitments.

She tells me she is competent. God I hope so...

Mogski, I guess this means you have decided to go out despite your injury. Good luck!

I remember when I had a torn ham, it took ages to heal. My doc told me to stretch the injured muscle very very mildly at least twice a day. When I did so, I remember the recovery process speeded up a lot.

Yep markie I intend going out this weekend should there be no major melt down.

In as far as stretching and things go I hear where you are coming from, but I am not sure how one can stretch and rehab a torn ligament in the rib cage....

Just out of curiousity, how did you get it, Mogski?

Have you seen a doc about it?

To stretch it (remembering the operative word is "mildly") I suggest completely relaxing the arm on the injured side and then using the hand of the good side, hold the wrist of the arm of the bad side and lift it gently up till you feel the injured muscles stretching "mildly" and hurting just a little. Hold the position for 30 secs to a minute. Repeat every few hours. It's also something useful to do while you're at the "pot".

Try it, if this helps your injury AND your driving, then both you AND deebee will owe me one!

Not sure how I got it. I suspect it is probably a repetitve stress injury from surfing, but I really don't know. Saw the doc twoo weeks ago and it was there diagnosis that it is torn.

Lght arm lifting! Thanks! I will try that!

Defintely need to do something cause it don't seem to be getting much better.

I think we need to work on a better deal here rach. You get my mobile and I get reports? I have been known to be intellectually challenged, but this one you will not get past me! SOmethign is a fish here! This is all wrong!

I wanna better deal!

• 2 months later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by mogski:
I suspect it is probably a repetitve stress injury from surfing, but I really don't know
from surfing? thats the first time I have ever heard of that? eek.gif

Mogski surf's eh.... I wouldn't have picked that!