SKI, homunculus, that goes for you too. I have my opinions about resorts, about kit, about Japan, and about off topic things, all of which I can back up with argument. You may not agree with them, and may not have the least idea why not other than that if offends you that somebody is confident in their opinions.

Now you popping up every now and again and having your little content-free sneers is not contributing much to these threads. So why don't you piddle off and maybe take cheeseman with you? And SKI, while you're away with cheeseman, why don't you both learn to read? neversummer explains quite clearly in his very short post what he means by poor grooming, but with your poor reading, you can't quite spot why. Chuckle on Knucklehead.

Quote:
Originally posted by Oh-Hairy-One:
Raury

Why 3 pairs of gloves??
One pair on my hands, one pair in the drying room and one pair in my room as spares. I hate cold wet feet and I hate cold wet hands. I snowseal my gloves so not too much gets in that way, but occassionally (or more often) I get a bit of snow in the top of the gloves.
3 pairs also means that I can afford to lend a pair to someone if needed.
Actually I also carry a couple of cheap nylon pairs to use in snowball fights so I don't ruin my lovely AuClair ski gloves.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
And indeed, why so much cash?
Coz, stuff is hell expensive at the on-piste cafe's, and I'm a sucker for a drink and someething to eat at lunchtime. OK, I probably don't carry THAT much cash, but enough for a whole day of coffe and drinks and food.

I find that if you've got a good pair of "breathable" gloves, even when you get snow in them, they dry up very quickly from the heat of your hands. Somehow the water vapour just diffuses out even though it keeps the moisture and cold of the outside from getting in. Mine are "Aigle" Gore-Tex.

Talking of which Markie, I went into Alpen the other day to look for something decent to keep my hands dry. They had maybe 100 or more types of gloves and a few types of mittens. ALL of which stopped at just about where you wear your watch.

Hello-o! This is SNOW COUNTRY where we're living! I guess they think everybody rides the groomers and keeps their sleeves nicely arranged... mad.gif

Glove chat eh?

I bought a pair of mittens (prefer mittens) by burton. Gortex, warm... great gear. Wore them twice and couldn't handle them. To hot. I traded down to a y1500 pair of el-crappo nylon numbers. They are nice and cool, but not cold. They do get a little wet around the finger tips but it has not caused any discomfort yet.

I guess I will need the warm fellas when it get colder. Until then give me my cheap gloves any day.

• 2 weeks later...