How often do you meet your parents?

Would be interested to know.

For me, it has been once a year when I visit back in summer. Over a period of a few weeks.

I wish I could make that more, just pop round and say hello and give them a hug.

Skype video makes it better, though not quite the same obviously.

Same as u 634.....although not always home once a year, the last couple of years I've seen em....I got married 2 years ago, they came here then last year my brother got married in LA and we all met over there. I miss going for a pint with the old man

Another once a year.

Wish it were easier/cheaper. Love seeing them but sometimes one big chunk is too much. Would be great to be able to see them two or three times a year just for a short while.

Another once a year.

Wish it were easier/cheaper. Love seeing them but sometimes one big chunk is too much. Would be great to be able to see them two or three times a year just for a short while.

That's the same for us.... I can't handle going back for any more than 10 days or so. I get too bored ... and dad and I are usually annoyed at each other after a week or so. If it's the summer my wife and daughter stay for a month....I come back to Japan at around day 10.... :sj-lol:

For the 7 years we were in Japan I only ever went back to Australia once for a funeral (otherwise I'd have never gone back) and my mum came over to visit once. So didn't see her much in all those years. My wife's parents came over every year for a visit and my wife went back to Australia 4 or 5 times whilst we were away.

Once a year, a few times it has been more.

They are getting on, their time is limited obviously. It may be an expense in both money and time but I know I would surely regret it if I hardly saw them once they are gone.

There's the rest of the family too; charging up on English-ness; buying HP Sauce, drinking beer, pies and other goodies too.

I know it sounds rather mean, but I hate giving up my time to visit my parents. I would rather they came here.

:lol:

Mean Stemik!

TBF I dislike using my holiday time and money to go home......I'd rather we spent that money on travelling to different countries