Tanigawadake Tenjindaira (Minakami, Gunma) - 24th January 2014

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have had my eye on today since earlier this week as it was always looking like it would clear up and be fab weather. The question was.... where to go. I found myself on the Kanetsu this morning g

Avalanche! Will make a different thread on that...                  

onehunga   As you can tell, some of the things about it really are irritating. I don't do the hiking thing so for me the only reason to go here is the location and scenery, as it's just a really

Don't know pie-eater but I would guess so.

Not sure I'd be keen to try Tenjin on a busy weekend but interested to know what it's like.

Anyone been, how busy does it get?

I've always gone on weekends. My work really doesn't allow for anything else. The gondola has always been slow but I think maybe they run more cars? Not really sure because I've never been on a weekday but I've never waited for 10 minutes. It has also never been that busy on weekends compared to Kawaba or Kagura which can be packed.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity more than interest, how many times could you ride the obvious side country there in a day, given the speed/frequency of the gondola? Six or seven runs max?

• 2 months later...

I think the lenses I took that day with my Nikon D800E were:

Nikkor 24-70mm

Nikkor 14-24mm

Nikkor 70-200mm

Beautiful day.

:)

Thanks, great shots. Nice scale ..maybe take a little blue out of them, makes a difference... Im a pro wedding photographer, enjoying your shots.

I like blue.

:friend:

not a problem,add a little yellow see what you think. .Most snow images straight out of the camera on a blue day will have blue shadows, its the colour temperature issues with digital cameras.Keep up the good work, sure have a great selection.

I love the look of these as they are manfredk, so I think that's how they'll stay.

That's they great thing about photography isn't it - you can just do what you want; and everyone has different tastes.

I love the look of these as they are manfredk, so I think that's how they'll stay.

That's they great thing about photography isn't it - you can just do what you want; and everyone has different tastes.

of course your right, was just a friendly suggestion, some are not aware of the options. Its a thing I am always doing in my work, correcting colour balance. Was impressed with the quality, and the lens, I also use a nikkor 2.8 80/200, did you sharpen images or is that straight from the camera.