The ski/board rental business - reasonable or a rip?

Rusutsu last season my wifes boots were hurting so had to hire some 1800JPY for 5 hours for 7 days thats works out too $140 I could have bought a pair of brand new Motos for that.

4900JPY per day for Ski's & Boots/Snow board & Boots and it get cheaper as the days go on

OK so what is the business model?

And what do you maintain is "reasonable"?

obviously the prices ARE reasonable since many millions of people pay those prices all over the world and some businesses make money doing it.

since when is expensive=ripoff anyway. noone is deceiving anyone on what they are renting.

every transaction in australia would be deemed a ripoff to some people here.

no im in the food retail business but i see it all the time.

people talking about business who have no idea how much it costs to run a business.

i cant even begin to imagine how much rent is in whistler village. stores come and go every season.

Typically working longer hours, too!

And nowadays you don't even have the satisfaction of being your own boss, what with every branch of your government doing its best to regulate what you do and when, where & how you do it.

I think it speaks well of the ability of people to dream of making it big, that so many are still willing to start up a small business of their own.

Typically working longer hours, too!

And nowadays you don't even have the satisfaction of being your own boss, what with every branch of your government doing its best to regulate what you do and when, where & how you do it.

I think it speaks well of the ability of people to dream of making it big, that so many are still willing to start up a small business of their own.

thats the problem. people only see the successful businesses. they don't see the ones who lose everything.

Well all rental prices are merely a reflection of the price to buy the item outright. Ski gear, cars, music equipment, tools and heavy equipment prices haven't gone up that much ...especially (and I thing this is an important factor).....considering most rental items are middle of the road quality stuff.