• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting your get a knock from the NSA now that PRISM has picked up the term rice cooker. DAMN!!!! now I'm on the list. :confused:

You totally lost me there, what does that mean?!

the 'mericans are pretty much intercepting everything written, texted or discussed on the phone these days using a massive data troll program called PRISM. Rice Cookers were used by the Boston Bombers to create an explosive device that killed people at the Boston Marathon. You can bet the term "rice cooker" appears on an NSA analysts hit list of data to troll on a regular basis....

I'm betting your get a knock from the NSA now that PRISM has picked up the term rice cooker. DAMN!!!! now I'm on the list. :confused:

You totally lost me there, what does that mean?!

the 'mericans are pretty much intercepting everything written, texted or discussed on the phone these days using a massive data troll program called PRISM. Rice Cookers were used by the Boston Bombers to create an explosive device that killed people at the Boston Marathon. You can bet the term "rice cooker" appears on an NSA analysts hit list of data to troll on a regular basis....

Weren't those pressure cookers? Somehow that was supposed to be significant according to the news -- ability to hold pressure for an instant until the whole thing burst. Regular rice cooker wouldn't serve the same purpose, if I'm remembering the original premise right.

*doh* your right... Rice cookers are completely different to pressure cookers..... (All of this just confirms that I shouldn't give up my day job for a career in stand up comedy)

So..... In a effort to get back on topic.....

I've never used a rice cooker. Just what is the difference between a 20000¥ and a 50000¥ one?

For a teflon coated bowl, never wash your rice in the rice cooker bowl. Unless you like a teflon coated stomach.

Really? Didn't know that. I always wash the rice in the non-stick cooker bowl.

Maybe that's why things seem to pass through more smoothly as the years go by.

And stupid innovations like induction cooking instead of normal heatt element; thick bowl walls to retain heat; diamond shaped bowl surface to hug the rice; etc etc.

If you've never owned a rice cooker before, word of advice: go for the most expensive one you can find. You won't regret it.

That theory is all shot right out of the water if the price of one or both changes.

Unless of course, the prices of both change but the difference between the two new prices remains the same.

In which case, yes, it would still be 30,000 yen.

Just what is the difference between a 20000¥ and a 50000¥ one?

30000¥

I think.

My calculator has also returned this answer. Besides, its on the internet so it must be true!