The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

Man Utd vs Wigan this coming weekend.

Will Rooney play or will he be 'injured'.

United would be daft to sell him before the Chelsea PL game. Difficult position isn't it really.

Probably makes sense to not give him a game before end of August so he doesn't hit that ground running for Chelsea. Feed him lots of pies as well.

Don't worry they are compensating with all their other, er, big signings this summer. :confused:

I don't want me no Suarez to Arsenal.

This about sums it up

Even by footballers’ cynical standards, Luis Suárez’s current contempt for his Liverpool team-mates, employers, supporters and profession is breath-taking if not entirely unexpected. A propensity for deceit seems ingrained in Suárez’s DNA. He’s toxic.

A wonderful attacking talent, Suárez sadly embodies many of the game’s darker traits, the verbal and physical assaults on opponents, the cheating, the lack of respect for contracts, the greed and belief that the game revolves solely around them. Suárez is the very model of the modern major mercenary taken to a particularly ugly extreme.

He is precisely the type of selfish footballer whom Gordon Taylor was talking about when warning of football being in danger “of losing its soul”, an unprofessional professional who further taints the game’s already stained reputation. Now, Suárez has had the gall to turn to Taylor’s players’ union to help extricate him from Anfield so he can move to Arsenal.

He signed a legally binding contract

That doesn't bother lots of football 'professionals' though does it.

Bloody hell the Rooney thing is getting really annoying. Why can't some overseas team come in with some mad offer. Come on now!