The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

I see Man City win the something or other cup.

Still better than anything we'll win.

The losers don't get the European place anymore, so it means another Europa League place for teams below the top four. Man City may end up getting Moyes into Europe!

Van Persie should be off. maybe not sent off, but definitely brought off.

WTF is wrong with him lately. His attitude is extremely disappointing.

Yes, he might well be frustrated.

But he is getting paid billions to do this - his job - so flipping well get on with it without the attitude please.

WE ARE REDS! WE AR--

Oh, maybe 'we' isn't quite right...

SOURCE: 101greatgoals / Lady Peetan being at the game and being very, very uncomfortable..

Blog Post

Fans of J-League club Urawa Reds produce racist ‘Japanese Only’ banner in their stadium

Saturday, March 8th, 2014

Urawa Reds fans produced a shocking banner today during their J-League defeat to Tosu.

A photograph of the ‘Japanese Only’ banner went viral on Saturday with it believed to be aimed at foreign tourists.

The club had eleven Japanese players in their starting XI but do have a Serbian manager.

Urawa Reds defender Tomoaki Makino said after the game, “This is what should not be done to the player who play for Urawa with pride”.

He continued “[if] we can’t be united, we can’t win”.

Well, every club has its issues; surely it can't be tha-

0DF040FD-1A34-41CD-A557-ABA025093BAC_zpswbwafure.jpg

88B094F7-B317-4BFA-B9BA-B9AAF8946CB0_zpsqsh5yxae.jpg

...Ah.

Joking aside, not good. I regularly go to Reds games, and I feel very encouraged not to do so now.

What is encouraging however, is the number of people who are actually speaking out against this racism.

However, I will am very interested to see what official sanctions, if any, will be put against this club. We all know that certainly in the UK this would be very widely published.

They are well known as being THE ultra group in Japan. This attitude is one reason I stopped going to a Japan national games......so-called Ultras trying to oust us from the area behind the goal....saying we should be in "our own end"....they were playing Peru.....I'm pretty sure I look nothing like a Peruvian, we were singing along and cheering for Japan, but they still had a go. It was the typical "hold-me-back" attack of a drunk Japanese guy, in the end they were so hard that they complained to the steward, a 20 yr old Uni student, to try to eject us. We told him where to go as well........cowardly, scumbag pretend casuals. I could just imagine how they'd react against proper hardcore Ultra groups from Russia, Poland, Italy or the old casual groups from Britain. Not that I condone those scumbags either

Now we know why Big Hair dude from Man Utd has been so rubbish since his expensive move.

He was preparing for Crufts.

ricky2_2847250b.jpg

He did win that though, so credit where due.