The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

Nope, still shite.

And/or definitely shite out of luck, though lets dismiss that as an excuse.

If only we had a midfield and defence.

Soon we'll have so many injuries that we won't have enough bodies to field a full team.

Then it's signing up pie-eater's gran!

I missed Moyes off that list didn't I? With no midfield, we put on Danny Welbeck and not Fletcher.

:confused:

Moyes argued “I can’t complain about how we played”.

He really is ****ing pissing a lot of people off with comments like this every week.

FFS.

:(

I don't know what we have to do to win." Moyes said.

Get rid of Young.

Get rid of Welbeck.

Get rid of Valencia.

Get rid of Smalling.

Get rid of Cleverley.

Get rid of Nani.

Get rid of Evra.

Get rid of Vidic.

Get rid of Rio.

Don't let Giggs play.

Get rid of Moyes.

Get a midfield.

Get a defence.

Play like Man Utd.

Not much really.

A good post on redcafe:

-----

Things today that proved Moyes is an idiot

I'm afraid it's now become undeniable. Here's why:

1) United now have Rooney, Kagawa and Mata who are all too talented to sit on the bench, and who only really play effectively off the striker as a no10. So, with all three fit and available, which one of them spent the most time playing there today? That's right.......Danny Welbeck.

2) United had Mata, Rooney and Van Persie on the pitch today, the three best (and only capable) corner takers at the club. Which one of them took nearly all of our corners? .......Ashley Young.

3) Due to the height of Stoke in the centre of the pitch, Chris Smalling was selected to play on the right wing, whereupon he won zero headers until an injury forced him to move into the centre.

4) Apparently this height concern thing with Stoke also only applies to the right fullback position. Patrice Evra being targeted by Stoke due to his size even after Rafael came on, is of no concern at all.

5) Inexplicably, signing Mata for a shitload of money, hasn't solved United's problem of having too many attacking players and no midfield.

6) When you win a game in a run of losing games, obviously the correct thing to do on both occasions is change at least 6 of your outfield positions for the next game.

7) Ashley Young, who even when he plays well, looks shit, is the only attacking player other than Valencia who Moyes seems to trust enough to actually play consistently in a single position. When you think about that...is Moyes actually genuinely brain damaged?

8) Wilfried Zaha, given the grand total of 1 sub appearance to prove himself, sent on loan. More assists in 52 minutes for a relegation threatened team than Young and Valencia have managed between them ALL season.

9) Bizarre ignorance or lack of awareness that it was very windy from the likes of Rooney not addressed in any way.

10) 1st February 2014...David Moyes still doesn't know enough about his players to have a clue what his first team is, apart from David De Gea and Patrice Evra. Either that or, after 10+ years in topflight management, still hasn't figured out that having a first team is slightly important.0

11) Zaha not allowed to go on loan because Nani's not fit...a week later, Zaha sent on loan despite Nani not being fit. Fabio sold despite squad being left with only 3 fullbacks, one of whom is actually a slightly terrible winger. Leaving only 2 actual fullbacks...one of whom gets injured a lot. Somehow we've gone from being desperate enough for a fullback to try and loan onein a panic, to allowing one to just leave, despite there being absolutely no other changes to our defensive personel in the time between these two things happening.

I see Anderson is apparently mouthing off against United now, saying lots of players want to leave.

That may well be true, and probably good riddens for lots of them, but come on.... Anderson >>>> you were crap. All you did was gurn, eat pies, be rubbish and do monkey dances*.

Disclaimer: * that is not racist and I don't think it is a disgrace to my children's indigious ancestry and the children of Mr Adam Goodes. He really did do a 'monkey dance'.