The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

Difficult against Liverpool coming up for Moyes, so maybe not the time to try and regroup. Perhaps it would be best to play the kids and take whatever happens. Man U don't try in the League Cup most years anyway.

Suddenly expecting Kagawa to put in a matchwinning performance against an up-for-it defensively strong team would be unkind on the player. A full strength Man U team losing again would be a big banana skin.

David Moyes has admitted he may have to suffer "many more blows" this season as he takes control of a Manchester United squad he believes needs two more elite players to win trophies, having won a poor Premier League last season.

Yeah Dave, would have been a good idea to buy a few in summer wouldn't it?

:confused:

I was just going to post that. He's suggesting that Man U won the league last year because of other teams' weaknesses, but they were still on for breaking the all time points record with about five games to go.

From the Chelsea and Liverpool games, there looks to be an early lack of the spirit that got all those points last year, and no real attempt to win the game in the latter stages. Citeh have beaten them several times now, so I wouldn't focus so much on the 4-1.

With Rooney lashing in freekicks anyway, I don't think Leighton Baines would have made much difference. In Kagawa, they arguably already have a Fabregas.

Scraping fourth is usually about 70 points so that would be 18 to 20 points less. That's turning eight wins into four draws and four defeats.Compared to 11/12, Newcastle got 24 more points less in 12/13, so that is the drop in standard required.

I reckon Man U will be fine for CL but I can see Citeh winning the league again. Dunno what Mourinho is doing with his strikers and Mata, so they look the dodgiest of the big clubs.