You're allowed to go with "the season that's just finished" at the end of a season to avoid any mistakes with meaning the season prior.

Well, I doused my edges in wax and the skis are hanging on the wall...so, I put a fork in this season. It was good but seemed more windy than other seasons. I managed to get out more than usual and had a good time.

Plenty of my friends in the Niseko area are still heading up backcountry skiing on the range. Still plenty of snow up there. You can still manage to ski top to bottom on Annnupuri. So still the 12/13 season there as well. Just because the lifts stop running doesn't mean there's no skiing to be had.

For the purposes of this forum, I think a reasonable definition for the duration of the season would be from when the first lift starts running at any ski area listed on SnowJapan to when the last left stops at any ski area listed on SnowJapan. So, late October to late July? (Snowtown Yeti to Gassan.)

So effectivley the season ends on the 30th June and starts anew 1st July as in alot of countries at high altirude snow is always there and only the date changes.

yes, that would be the red season waiting for the white season.

And between seasons would be the pink season?? halfway between red and white.

Personally if someone asks me what the season is, I'll tell them generally mid to late December through to late March or early April for most places. Obviously noting some exceptions to that.