• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I made a venison stew last week.....it was glorious. Beef is good but venison and moose meat are where it's at.

Aubergine is a lovely legume. Grilled or fried it is delish. Also have it in a mousaka. Great stuff.

Just had a lovely home cooked (by myself) beef stew! Was delicious even if I do say so myself.

We eat nabe a lot in winter, but eating that in summer here in Japan would just be a nightmare.

I think you'd find that vegans are those people who would not pick the fruit from thetree. They will wait for it to fall and then eat it. I think that's the definition.

Actually, The Vegan Resource Group says ...

"What is a Vegan?

Vegetarians do not eat meat, fish, or poultry. Vegans, in addition to being vegetarian, do not use other animal products and by-products such as eggs, dairy products, honey, leather, fur, silk, wool, cosmetics, and soaps derived from animal products."

(source: http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/vegan.htm)

Well that rules me out being a Vegan for sure!! Oh hang about, I don't own any fur, silk or cosmetics! Does that make me a part Vegan?

My girlfriend is vegitarian and a strict one where her belief is that she won't eat anything that can feel pain, so this means no meat, no fish. She will have dairy and eggs. One form of meat is oysters that she could possibly eat.

Travelling through Japan was particularly hard as most chefs understand this but will still use fish stock or dashi flakes on tofu as they don't see this as meat. Even basic miso has a fish stock base.

Some friends of mine are Vego as well and lived in Japan for a few years and just came to accept that they would have to have some form of minor fish additive in meals that they couldn't control when eating out.

Just had a lovely home cooked (by myself) beef stew! Was delicious even if I do say so myself.

We eat nabe a lot in winter, but eating that in summer here in Japan would just be a nightmare.

I made a venison stew last week.....it was glorious. Beef is good but venison and moose meat are where it's at.

• Like 1

We're a bit short on venison and moose down here - mind you, buffalo or 'roo would do it for me.

The usual suspects.....onions, carrots, spuds, sometimes cut short green beans.. I do mine in a pressure cooker then I don't have to use the choicest cuts in a stew.

I like a nice bit of dear meat.

Back home many years ago a couple of times I twotted a dear with my car which became dinner.

Trouble is they do a lot of damage ended up having to replace the entire bumper, grill and one head light.

Had to leave the dents in the bonnet.

So no way that deer would escape being eaten after smashing up my car.