Neigh! I say... burger please.

The story of how horsemeat ended up inside hundreds of millions of cheap burgers and beef ready meals has opened a window on the hidden, unsavoury food world, in which live animals are transported vast distances across borders for slaughter, before being stripped down to constituent parts to be shipped back again in blocks of frozen offcuts that may be stored for months on end before being ground down to unrecognisable ingredients in our everyday meals.

Yummy!

And here I was thinking those cheapo Aldi meals and Findus burgers were quality grub!*

* not

Yeah the outrage is laughable......it's £1.49 for 25 burgers.....what did they think was in it? Prime wagyu fillet??

:lol:

But maybe they are not thinking it is horse.

I'm surprised actually I would have imagined that horse was not a cheapo meat.

I think horse meat is usually used for dog food, so it must be cheap. Obviously an actual horse in its prime is an expensive animal, but maybe once its not got any race/stud/work value then the going rate at the knackers is pretty low.....and into crispy pancakes they go! :)

Yeah the outrage is laughable......it's £1.49 for 25 burgers.....what did they think was in it? Prime wagyu fillet??

The basashi raw horsemeat you get in Japan certainly isn't cheap.

That said, those little red sausages you get in bentos include horsemeat, or at least they used to. They're going to be made as cheaply as possible.

The basashi raw horsemeat you get in Japan certainly isn't cheap.

That said, those little red sausages you get in bentos include horsemeat, or at least they used to. They're going to be made as cheaply as possible.

Does anyone, in the world, actually LIKE them?

I can't imagine it.

• 2 weeks later...

A woman has been taken into hospital after eating horse meat burgers from Tesco. Her condition is said to be stable

Not entirely sure how Tesco are going to get over this hurdle

Waitress in Tesco asked if I wanted anything on my Burger. So I had $5 each way

I had some burgers from Tesco for my tea last night. I still have a bit between my teeth

Tesco are now testing all their vegetarian burgers for traces of unicorn

Anyone want a burger from Tesco? Yay or Neigh?

"I've just checked the Tesco burgers in my freezer...AND THEY'RE OFF"

I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse

Tesco now forced to deny presence of zebra in burgers, as shoppers confuse barcodes for serving suggestions.

A cow walks into a bar. Barman says 'why the long face?' Cow says 'Illegal ingredients, coming over here stealing our jobs'

I hear the smaller version of those Tesco burgers make great horse d'oeuvres.

These Tesco burger jokes are going on a bit. Talk about flogging a dead...

Said to the Missus these Tesco burgers have given me terrible trots

To beef or not to beef. That is equestrian