A day of firsts:- first day of Feb, first day on the slopes for me, first time out on my Prior and first run-in of the season with Furano ski-patrol - it's good to be back :D

In the absence of kokodoko, who's moved onto pastures new this year, I thought I may as well open a Furano post for anyone to post pics and/or useful info. I'm only here for a week but will try to upload some pics, if I can work out how to use the new uploading system!! ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once hated a school i was working at, so as punishment to the teachers who were really kinda dickish to me i brought back rock as omiyage.   But... er, I ate it all before i came back to school. I

Brilliant!

do you miss me mick?

I miss beating you to the first lift but don't miss you cruising on by when I'm still strapping in!

Hi Mick, hope you have fun. (which new uploading system? It hasn't changed....)

Cheers David! I meant uploading photos onto the main site rather than on my SJ Member's page, so I've just copied and pasted these over - hopefully!! :D

tn_gallery_10495_19_611101.jpg

tn_gallery_10495_19_278899.jpg

tn_gallery_10495_19_1160061.jpg

I thought you were Mt Granview season ticket, Mick?

Thought I'd warm myself up with a trip to Hokkaido before hitting the Big G! ;)

Weeeeeeeeeelllll... how's the board then?

Well, I haven't had a chance to ride it in the conditions that it was built for but it's not as bad on the groomers as I thought it was going to be! :thumbsup: Will post a review after I've had a few more days on it!

Wouldnt have been the best day for testing his board today.

Yeah, it was like glue yesterday morning and that was before it started to pee down, so I decided to cut my losses and have an early bath. I did get to have a free ride in one of the resort cats/groomers last night at the festival, so it wasn't all bad! & it's been snowing all night so things are looking up, though high winds may stop the gondola from running again. I think tomorrow's going to be a good one! :D

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday was perhaps one of the worst days I've ever had at Furano (injuries excluded!), with glue-like snow, high winds and rain, whereas today there was up to a foot or so of snow to play in, though it was flippin' cold!! Tomorrow should be a good one but I won't see it as I'm off to Kamui! :D

Went to Kamui yesterday, which was good but not as good as Furano was from the sound of things. :sadface: But it was still good out there today, especially this afternoon when it just kept dumping. :thumbsup: & since it was too windy for the gondola to run, the top of Kitanomine should be fun in the morning! :D

:lol: No seriously, Furano was better than Kamui this time with noticeably more snow.

Last day on the slopes today and the sun decided to come out. Have enjoyed my week here, catching up with friends and getting to test out the new board on slopes I know well. Sad to be leaving but looking forward to a week based in Annupuri!

gallery_10495_19_697767.jpg

clearly photoshop! i can see the pixels! :grandpa:

Are you casting aspersions on me and/or my iphone! :rolleyes: C'mon ippy, don't let those misplaced feelings for Furano cloud your judgement! ;)