Great stuff annika. I especially love the ice breaker shots. In my almost 8 years in Hokkaido I never actually made it up there to see it on time as I could never get time off work early enough. Will definitely have to get up there sometime in the future.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks WVS... apologies for the Niseko comment. I was just trying to contextualise. These resorts are so quiet I don't think it's a bad thing if they get a few more international visitors.   Toma

Asahidake   We failed in our attempts to find a guide for Asahidake---- but when we woke to another bluebird day and no wind we decided to go look at Asahidake anyway. Even on the drive up the moun

Pippu   What a nice surprise. When we first arrived my first thoughts were this place was tiny....       Definitely more of a hill than a mountain. But what a fun one. It had been three d

No problem everyone.

In summary…. we visited 9 resorts and had 10 days on the slopes. We stayed at 6 different hotels - with only the first one Niseko way pre-booked.

We covered about 2000km in total - but mostly sunny weather made for easy driving on our long days. Didn't find the driving bad at all-- but probably did OD on 7/11 type food (mmmm pork buns).

Routes

passes

For us the car is definitely the way to go. Was fun re-visiting some old favourites as well as exploring new places. Nice to change it up between staying at ski-jo and in cities too. All up another very fun trip with plenty of unique experiences.

I think in total we've been to around 15 ski-jo in Hokkaido over the years. Still plenty more out there….