• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wear either my 2year old ski jacket or trousers or my 6 year old one depending on my mood.My boots are about 6 years old too and still going strong. My skis 3 years old I think. Im not into buying

I have Ocean and Earth under garments and normal undies (although I have a burton longsleeve for this trip).   Long socks normal ones (although I have Burton ones for this trip)   Special Blend

I'm naked....always.....cos I'm gnarly!!   Isn't everyone?!

Bridgedale Ski socks

Hot Chilli Thermals (these must be 10 years old and still going strong)

Medium weight Columbia fleece (this must be over 10 years old)

North Face Gore-Tex ski pants and jacket (these got updated last year and replace my 10 year old Burton pants and North Face jacket (which is still good for walking to the pub in the snow) :-)

Neck warmer, Beanie, Helmet, Gloves

All black or grey

Less then 2 weeks before we head over! Hence I just pulled all the above out and gave it a wash :-)

If anyone is in Japan, I can wholeheartedly recommend Gush snowgear (check rakuten or Jimbocho stores). I've had my pants since 2008, and even on a rainy day in Hotham I was kept pretty dry.

Makes me feel like yelling..."Pull up your pants son!" :grandpa: :wave:

Finally got to wear my gear on the slopes, rather than outside the apartment after it snows, and I was glad I have a good jacket. It was snowing this morning at Gala, but very fine snow that melted as soon as it landed on me. Didn't take long for my jacket and pants to be soaked, however inside I was nice and dry.

In the afternoon the snow picked up and the temperature dropped, so my wet jacket and pants (as well as gloves and googles) ended up covered in ice, then covered in snow. What I found interesting was that I seemed to be the only one around covered in ice and snow. Everyone else looked like they had just stepped out of the changing room.

458419 887784810309 864566959 O

A safety orange hat (don't want to be mistaken for a deer), purple jacket with a furry hood, khaki pants, rasta colored mittens and boots, smith IO goggles. If it's snowing I wear a big girly scarf. I only wear a t-shirt, underwear, and ski socks underneath, it's never cold in Japan. I'm warm and dry all day, if I think it's going to be a little chilly I'll wear basketball shorts under my pants.

L1 Ryder Parka
Holden Pants
Dakine Mittens
Vans High Standard boots

I'd recommend Holden gear. Also, this is my third pair of DaKine mittens, they are cheap, and they work.
The boots are kinda whatever, I got a deal on them, I won't buy another pair of Vans. I got my actual size, and even though they kinda pinch my toes I still get some heel lift.
The jacket too, it looks real cool, but the zipper sucks. That's kind of a serious issue. The bottom part tends to come undone quite often.
Smith IOs are probably the best googles on the market. Everyone I know who has them is super satisfied with them. They are comfortable and don't fog very easily.
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a hole in the crotch area of my trousers on Tuesday after too many spins and jumps. ;)

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of snowboard trousers for about 10,000yen or so? Have got a size 32" waist but big rugby thighs. :D

Helly Hansen pants. The top can be an insulated jacket for really cold days, a shell for mild/wet days, or just a t-shirt in spring.

But I never, ever leave home without my Hestra gloves. Worth their weight in gold!

I hate feeling the cold so tend to wear too much, for example, 4 layers in Furano! :D Usually a decent base layer, with a North Face fleece, a Volcom (polyester not cotton) hoodie and Quiksilver jacket, with Quiksilver pants over a pair of Ronhill Tracksters. I usually go through or lose gloves every season and am currently wearing some Celteks, with some older liners for added warmth.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of snowboard trousers for about 10,000yen or so? Have got a size 32" waist but big rugby thighs. :D

Have you tried B Sports/Book Off Super Bazaar - they do some decent secondhand stuff. :thumbsup:

Today I wearing a black jacket camoflage trousers hat and balaclaver although warmed up a fair bit now so the bala can come off.

Well back out I go and rip up a bit more pow before my daughter finishes her badge test.

I would rather go new than second hand as they are going to last me for a few years.

And I would rather not think about some other guy's crotch having been in the same place as mine, on the slopes all day. ;)