Maiko Snow Resort (Minamiouonuma, Niigata) - 27th December 2012

My first day on the snow.

:clap:

And a good one to pick as well.

Stormy conditions yesterday make for very nice snow today and the sun was out shining with blue skies over Minamiouonuma this morning.

Mt Granview not being open yet, Maiko Snow Resort here in Minamiuonuma was the choice.

Not busy at all, the whole place open and lovely snow conditions.

Great first day.

When the lovely new snowjapan site goes up, I'll write a resort review for Maiko, and the other places I know, with some more words rather than just pictures.

maiko-13.jpg

maiko-4.jpg

maiko-5.jpg

maiko-6.jpg

maiko-7.jpg

maiko-8.jpg

maiko-9.jpg

maiko-1.jpg

maiko-10.jpg

maiko-11.jpg

maiko-12.jpg

maiko-15.jpg

maiko-16.jpg

maiko-20.jpg

maiko-21.jpg

maiko-22.jpg

maiko-23.jpg

maiko-24.jpg

maiko-25.jpg

Not enough exercise and too much eaties over Christmas results in plumper muikabochi

maiko-19.jpg

Must... exercise... more.

• Like 1

awesome. Love the cute little baby shrub. And the fat muika. And if im not wrong, you seem to be in love with curves. Even your jaggedy mountain pics seem softer and more curvy than in previous outings. Have it!

I do like curves yes not sure about the mountain thing. We'll see as the season goes on.

Only had the camera with me for 3 lifts today then I put it away and enjoyed the snow.

:friend:

Got to slim down so on the case!

I'd like to get up to Hokkaido.

I am sure it is beautiful and I would enjoy it but if I'm being totally honest, from what I see it just doesn't tickle me buttons scenery-wise as much as lots of places in these parts.

There's other places I'd rather go before up there.

Sounds like it's too cold as well. ;)