Hi everybody. I tried a search for kids and resorts, but the topics seemed to deal with skiing rather than places for kids to hang out where it is nice and warm for them. My missus and I have a little girl who is just over one years old, and we would like to be able to go skiing together, but would need a baby sitter. Have any of you seen anything like that at resorts? If so, would you mind sharing? At the very least, a place for her to play while we alternate skiing would be the minimum we would need. Maybe they have some kid rooms inside some of those big hotels at resorts, but I just can't remember seeing any. I imagine a kids room would be easier to find here than a babysitter, so if you know of resorts that have them, please tell! Cheers!

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi teikatsulover and welcome.

I wish I could just show you a link to one of our new pages, but unfortunately we are still battling away trying to get them ready to go online, so I can't just yet.

:(

But... for our new site we tried to get that (basic) information on the resort pages, and found that there are actually quite a lot of the main skijo that offer such services.

Either child care or just a play room.

Good luck with it.

SJ-David, thank you anyways! Sounds like there is so much work being put into these forums! Otsukaresama desu! I am sure you're very busy so don't worry with answering this now, but will some information like that be available in the future? I am sure there are other parents who might be interested in such information.

Metabo Oyaji, since we live in Kansai, thinking primarily of Hakuba, Nozawa, Myoko as that's about as far as we can realistically get for a weekend trip. If I am going to drive 3 plus hours or so to Gifu, I'd much rather tack on an extra few and have better terrain and snow conditions :) My wife and I have done Hokkaido as well, but that was before our little one. Would love to go back to Hokkaido because the consistency and dry snow is great, but it's just easier to throw all of our gear in the car and drive with everything.

In fact, from their website:

With more than 35 years’ experience in childcare, Shigeko Inoue, wife of Windsor owner Yuji Inoue, has created a safe, fun place for young children to play—and a place that provides peace of mind for parents who want to have some time on their own to enjoy Myoko.

The Daycare Center is located in the first floor of the hotel, and is intended for children from six months to two years of age*. Daycare is available daily from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fees are ¥1,600/hour, ¥1,000/hour for staying guests.

Enjoy your stay, knowing your child is in good hands

I found, while having two fantastic days at Cortina, that they have a daycare center for 1000yen/hour! Not bad! That allows my wife and I to ski together while the little one stays nice and warm. With all this snow we are getting at the moment, I think another Cortina day is a must tomorrow!

Thank you Sanjo. That is a good point. It also helps us decide things easier if we know which resorts have this. I want to ski powder, my wife wants to ski with me some, and the little one enjoys a nice warm room (for now).

I'm up in Rusutsu just now and was thinking about this thread......whilst I don't know about daycare, this resort has a good bit of other things to do when not snowboarding.....swimming pool, onsen, merry go round, snow tubing (for kids) and other stuff. I reckon it's a pretty good place for families

It's not Japan, but there are an abundance of kid facilities here in Tignes, France.

More than I have seen anywhere else before.

Quite impressive actually.

And 4 free lifts here, 6 in ValdIsere on the other side of the mountain - all the low short lifts used by beginners.

Yep, that's right - free. Gratis.

Info worth filing away for world traveling ski families.