I was just wondering what size boards you dudes have?

I was in a shop in London the other day and they were featuring this new extra small board that looked pretty wierd. I'm going to have to look that up (forgotten what it was called)

169 for me.

Crisps mate, would that be the Burton Fish, short, fat at the front and narrow at the back, with a very back stance? Or could it be the dummy board that you check out bindings with?

One of my crew was riding a Fish at Nozawa today, and he reckons it's great for powder (although not for landing huge jumps), but horrible on groomers. The Fish is made to be shorter than a conventional board, or so I'm told.

153/56/59/64/67!

don't use the 53 or 56 these days, just for friends to use.

67 is Niseko Pow Board.

Amandaism, my wife is riding a 153, she is 167cm and feels this is too long. My mates at Burton suggest she go back to a 48-49 for the non-powder days.

it really comes down to weight/height ratio for the individual.

Quote:
Originally posted by amandanism:
i am a chick and i have a 154...it comes up to my lower lip. ive been told that i should get something a bit bigger...but i love it and it works really well for what i want to do.
A 154? And you`ve been told you should go longer? I imagine you`re a pretty big Asian chick aren`t you? :p
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
169 for me.

Crisps mate, would that be the Burton Fish, short, fat at the front and narrow at the back, with a very back stance? Or could it be the dummy board that you check out bindings with?

One of my crew was riding a Fish at Nozawa today, and he reckons it's great for powder (although not for landing huge jumps), but horrible on groomers. The Fish is made to be shorter than a conventional board, or so I'm told.
You`re riding a 169cm board Ocean? How tall are you exactly?! Okay, I must be the short guy on this forum.

Indosnm, I reckon I could get away with something a bit shorter too. I saw a Nitro Shogun 166 that I really wanted to buy. In the shop it had a handwritten blurb about it by one of the staff, that ended "Silly, silly board". Next time.

(I learned on something that was about 150 and suffered horribly, so I went for length for my first purchase. It's tough when you have to buy boards yourself. Say, would you care to give me a Burton board that's around 166 - I'll pay postage \:D ).

Quote:
Originally posted by SnoboYaro:
 Quote:
Originally posted by amandanism:
i am a chick and i have a 154...it comes up to my lower lip. ive been told that i should get something a bit bigger...but i love it and it works really well for what i want to do.
A 154? And you`ve been told you should go longer? I imagine you`re a pretty big Asian chick aren`t you? :p
im not asian. moms australian, dads canadian...(lived in asia for more than half my life mind you)

i stand at about 170cm (give or take a few)

I'm 182cm and 88kg. I have a 161 Ride Tempest, (my first ever board) bought for this season. It takes a lot of abuse, carves like a bastard and though it glides past most people when the runs flatten out, it gets a bit wobbly on the deep powder. Most of the guys I board with have 162 or 163 board, even though a couple of them are 190cm plus. Doesn't seem to bother them at all.

On a '59 wide! its all personal preference and about what you ride most.

im the same height as oceans but only 70 kg but thats a big board. how does it go on the groomers for manouverability?

between chin and nose is good with a little more in the pow.

I've never had problems with manouverability on groomers. The board carves really nicely, especially as I have Palmer power links under my bindings that give really good edge response. The only probs I've had with a long board are in tight trees.

One of my mates who is only 70 kg rides a 168 Supermodel and has no problems either with a big board.

I'm 182cm, 73kgs and am riding a 161 this year. Been riding 157s the last few years but made the move to a bigger board this year and am quite happy so far (especially with this awesome Japanese powder).

Ocean - maybe if we ever hook up I can hit your friend up for a test drive of his fish. I have been dying to get a few turns in on one of those bad boys.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
169 for me.
I was thinking about gettine one, but was thinking about this. Is it really that bad on groomers, or something you can sorta tolerate on the way to the powder stashes??
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so here's my problem:

Am heading to Neskio from Australia next w/end for 2 weeks and i only have a 155 board. I'm not sure if it's going to do the job in the powder over there.

Should I rent a longer board here before I got, or will i be able to get a nice long one over there?

If the latter, how much would a deck cost for 2 weeks?

Thanks heaps,

vctim