• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much of a swallowing sound.... can't be that good.

Looks like post coitus bed head.......to me.

The black coffee, no sugar, is always the safest choice really.

Surely noone can screw up that, right?

Hah!!! Tried Starbuksu lately? Dishwater with the smell of a coffee bean somewhere within a mile or two!

Only 2 attempts at canned coffee this trip, both black and unsweetened. Both better than nothing, but only just! There WAS, however, some caffeine in there, so that was a bonus!

That explains a lot of things WVS (aka thurs).

I am stabilised on 3 double shot coffees a day (brekky, morning break and lunch). In Japan, though, we had to reduce the intake because of the (mostly) woeful dishwater served up as coffee.

Three cups throughout the morning for me. I don't do the drugs and not much of a boozer so I can have my coffee vise I figure. I'm in the market for a new coffee machine. Still thinking of getting a Nespresso machine but also a cheap french press makes a good cup of coffee apparently.

Three cups throughout the morning for me. I don't do the drugs and not much of a boozer so I can have my coffee vise I figure. I'm in the market for a new coffee machine. Still thinking of getting a Nespresso machine but also a cheap french press makes a good cup of coffee apparently.

My wife has a Nespresso Pixie. Makes a marvellous cup apparently. The smell of fresh baked bread and fresh coffee is amazing in the morning.

My wife has a Nespresso Pixie. Makes a marvellous cup apparently. The smell of fresh baked bread and fresh coffee is amazing in the morning.

What do mean... apparently..? Do she not let you use it? If not, I can understand why.... :p ;)

We have a Nespresso machine in our caravan, makes a decent cup so long as you buy the "extra strong" capsules. Else there's too much water between the caffeine molecules!

I use an Aeropress. It makes French-press style very strong coffee, but much faster using finer ground coffee, with no grinds in the brew, and with a plug of coffee thats much easier to dispose of than cleaning a French press. Cool kidz on Gizmodo and Engadget etc. also rave about them.

I got mine at 80 to the dollar but it was about 3500 yen off US amazon delivered. It comes with about 300 filters but get some extra filters just in case.

Yep, ground coffee! You can get "reusable" capsules which allow you to use your own grind, or tea (of whatever variety you want) in the machine.

Third party stuff, not Nestle! Certainly not in Nestle's interest, but equally, they still sell the machine to people who don't drink coffee, so a slight win for them.

I use an Aeropress. It makes French-press style very strong coffee, but much faster using finer ground coffee, with no grinds in the brew, and with a plug of coffee thats much easier to dispose of than cleaning a French press. Cool kidz on Gizmodo and Engadget etc. also rave about them.

I got mine at 80 to the dollar but it was about 3500 yen off US amazon delivered. It comes with about 300 filters but get some extra filters just in case.

Yes,,,Mr.W I've heard a lot of people who have premium makers and who have bought the Aeropress and have been quite impressed to the point of preferring the Aeropress. Checking Rakuten right now.. ;) Also MUST get a milk froth-er.

Snob!

To whom do you refer, eggle-person?

Surely not me! Fact is I tried the reusable ones just the once - gave me no sense of caffeine (rather like Starbucksu) and have used their prefilled ones since - admittedly, only the extra string ones!