Be a lot more appealing if they let one use it as besso. Otherwise, really only accessible to those with portable jobs. Or retired.

But I can see why they wouldn't do that, if they want to re-invigorate the town.

(But, if some town near ski areas in Fukushima were to offer bessochi under similar terms, that would be tempting...)

I dunno Chippubetsu land prices, but in remote inaka in general, land costs very little. For a new build, its not a big proportion of the cost.

For the cost of building a small, cheaply built house in Chippubetsu, retirees could get a nice s/h besso in many parts of Japan.

I dunno Chippubetsu land prices, but in remote inaka in general, land costs very little. For a new build, its not a big proportion of the cost.

For the cost of building a small, cheaply built house in Chippubetsu, retirees could get a nice s/h besso in many parts of Japan.

Any sort of prices you can quote there Mr Wiggles?

Any sort of prices you can quote there Mr Wiggles?

15 million will get you a nice besso that doesn't need that much doing to it, I would have thought. Search for 中古 and 別荘.

For just a house in inaka, some are very cheap indeed as MiJ says.

Building new in Hokkaido I guess you're looking at 13-14 million for a small Tama Home type low cost newbuild.