I think so.

I have been in contact with Jones/Nidecker and they have advised that Mainpeak will be stocking Jones this season so just awaiting the price.

Fingers crossed.

Seemore

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once I get them sorted out I will happily sell a few for what they cost me to people who are genuinely interested. Its all new so I may be building a noodle or a plank lol, I just dont know. I defina

see! pure stylin!   Enjoy the steeze:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NytY1QfvjVM&feature=related   (what im kind of roundabout suggesting is that if park is really just something you do wh

I think so.

I have been in contact with Jones/Nidecker and they have advised that Mainpeak will be stocking Jones this season so just awaiting the price.

Fingers crossed.

Seemore

I'm going to throw out a guess for the Hovercraft from MP @ $625.00

That sucks.

I hate shipping rates. Why are they sometimes just so crazy? Are people making a big magin on them?

I think the problem with lots of shipping, and I don't just mean on snowboards, is that there's a flat rate added and not a particularly intelligent system calculating it.

There's obviously a cost involved but somethings places seem to be really taking the piss.

I think so.

Fingers crossed.

Seemore

Close mate $649 how can they justify $250 more than the US price.

They do have a membership deal where you pay???? $15 and they offer 15% off.

So around $566 for it.

Tough call I would like to keep it local but you feel like they are shafting you.

Seemore

I think so.

Fingers crossed.

Seemore

Close mate $649 how can they justify $250 more than the US price.

They do have a membership deal where you pay???? $15 and they offer 15% off.

So around $566 for it.

Tough call I would like to keep it local but you feel like they are shafting you.

Seemore

I took a random look at 6 of their boards advertised on the website they were all 50-65% above the US price so I took a guess at the middle ground

I purchase everything from o/s the few times I've had to buy something local its been way overpriced.

Its a global marketplace hit them up with a price that you can get for landed here & see if they will play

There is a few F/forwarders in the states that will do assisted purchases for you if someone knocks back your credit card because of billing address being overseas

have a look at shipito.com

cheers

Yeah I have emailed the supplier and asked them why it's so much more.

I wonder if they will return my email

Seemore

In Oz suppliers can suggest a RRP but it's against the law to price fix so it then becomes up to the retailers to set their prices based on the margins they want to achieve & when there is no competition for the product the price will invariably be on the high side.

To be honest unless they have increased supply (Jones) you will probably find they get bugger all stock, I had to pre-order mine just to guarantee supply as most retailers in the states last year had little stock of the Hovercrafts

check out Jones facebook page & ask the price question there it will be interesting to see what there answer will be but i'm guessing the "we have no control of the retail prices" will be in their answer

Seemore

In Oz suppliers can suggest a RRP but it's against the law to price fix so it then becomes up to the retailers to set their prices based on the margins they want to achieve & when there is no competition for the product the price will invariably be on the high side.

To be honest unless they have increased supply (Jones) you will probably find they get bugger all stock, I had to pre-order mine just to guarantee supply as most retailers in the states last year had little stock of the Hovercrafts

check out Jones facebook page & ask the price question there it will be interesting to see what there answer will be but i'm guessing the "we have no control of the retail prices" will be in their answer

See answer below not bad

"Please understand that JONES International elects to have distributor’s in smaller markets (for a number of reasons). But it is namely to put partners in place that are able to invest in demo programs (in store and on snow), implement marketing strategies (print, web, in store p.o.p) and correctly service their products in the respective territories. Also worth noting, it that our rrp’s include freight charges, tax, and wherever appropriate, import duties.

I trust your also aware of how much higher the general ‘cost of business’ is in this country (versus the usa) – so are we more expensive than the USA for some products? Well yes.

Ultimately, you can choose to support whichever economy/country you feel needs your support the most"

Seemore

Seemore

See answer below not bad

"Please understand that JONES International elects to have distributor’s in smaller markets (for a number of reasons). But it is namely to put partners in place that are able to invest in demo programs (in store and on snow), implement marketing strategies (print, web, in store p.o.p) and correctly service their products in the respective territories. Also worth noting, it that our rrp’s include freight charges, tax, and wherever appropriate, import duties.

I trust your also aware of how much higher the general ‘cost of business’ is in this country (versus the usa) – so are we more expensive than the USA for some products? Well yes.

Ultimately, you can choose to support whichever economy/country you feel needs your support the most"

Seemore

Who was the reply from ? main peak or a aussie distributor?

Seemore

See answer below not bad

Seemore

Who was the reply from ? main peak or a aussie distributor?

Aussie Distributor

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been down kanda recently? I get my first proper pay cheque in like 3 months today (63,000 last month, 90,000 in september and though augusts was alright most of it went on being homeless and then having to furnish an unforunished apartment and set up in nagano). So er, Yay! im either treating myself to a nice new snowboard or a nice new season pass at myoko i reckons.

So hows the prices there looking? Worth a trip?

and and and and??? :) Looking at the berzerker on rakuten, it looks like the 2012 has gone UP whilst the 2013 is edging downwards. Both are kinda hovering around the 40k mark. I assume its mirrored in the shops.

I made a bit more progress over the weekend on my dream board build, I finished all the camber molds, I made it camber/rocker/camber along the running length and then a big rocker nose. I also got my first core finished ready for pressing and made some veneers for top sheets.

20121104_100244.jpg

Some more of the veneers I made to use as top sheets on future boards

20121104_221628.jpg

Im going to just go ahead and like that proposition. Im pretty sure im not going to be the only one though if they come through your testing. :)

make me one! :)

Once I get them sorted out I will happily sell a few for what they cost me to people who are genuinely interested.

Its all new so I may be building a noodle or a plank lol, I just dont know. I definately have some r&d ahead of me. At this stage im hoping to bring 3 or 4 to hokkaido with me to test out, all with minor differences to core thickness so I can work out what is perfect for me.

Board is looking awesome! Thought about putting any carbon stringers in it to stiffen it up? Seems to be what everyone is doing these days..

make me one! :)

Once I get them sorted out I will happily sell a few for what they cost me to people who are genuinely interested.

Its all new so I may be building a noodle or a plank lol, I just dont know. I definately have some r&d ahead of me. At this stage im hoping to bring 3 or 4 to hokkaido with me to test out, all with minor differences to core thickness so I can work out what is perfect for me.

Board is looking awesome! Thought about putting any carbon stringers in it to stiffen it up? Seems to be what everyone is doing these days..

Im not sure if it needs stiffening up yet, thats the thing. I need to give myself a base line by finding the right core thickness before experimenting with carbon tow and the likes.

I made a bit more progress over the weekend on my dream board build, I finished all the camber molds, I made it camber/rocker/camber along the running length and then a big rocker nose. I also got my first core finished ready for pressing and made some veneers for top sheets.

20121104_100244.jpg

Some more of the veneers I made to use as top sheets on future boards

20121104_221628.jpg

Very cautious of the overuse of this word, but totally justified in this situation.

Gozaimaas - what you are doing there .... EPIC