• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While shopping for a new jacket I ended up getting a board, bindings, goggles, pants and jacket... now I have to try and hide the credit card bill from my wife because the world didn't end today like

The bag inspires an old joke to come to mind   Princess Diana and Dolly Parton had both died on the same night. When they reached the gates of Heaven they were greeted by St. Peter.St. Peter said "E

New skis & bindings awaiting xmas pickup & testing in Rockies first week of January.

Speaking of transworld business... theres a cute little article there on the top ten sellers for each category from last year.

Burton still holding the lions share in every category (burton, anon, red). (ETA; lists are alphabetized).

AWT_Snowboards.png

bindings:

AWT_SnowboardBindings.png

Boots:

AWT_SnowboardBoots.png

Brought the Missus new board, bindings and wheelie bag - she can carry her own board this time. Still searching/ deciding on a board for me and getting more confused by the minute

DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO

Can I not say it louder....

DEMO!!!

I did. Glad I did. Learned a lot about what I like, and don't like.

And realized I would like to owner a quiver with MANY boards.

:lol:

Thanks Mamabear , Sounds like the most logical approach.

Will do but have been strictly informed I am only allowed one new board.

Can still see an argument brewing with the finance minister :thumbsup:

a herniated disc and now a jacket gone. Youre having a cracking start to the season eh :) Heres some vibes. Ill take the weight of some of that bad karma youre obviously carrying :)

Well, it's not been all bad this year so I have no complaints. Graduated from my masters program after 3 long years and finally had my Canadian wedding ceremony (for my wife) during the summer. Anyway, I don't buy into that notion of karma, sometimes bad things happen to good people... just deal with it ;)

Question - people who scoff at religion believe in karma?

who scoffs at religion? Im one of those nice nuanced atheists who considers religion to have practical social benefits. It doesnt really matter whether or not the big man in the sky exists and continues to interfere in our daily lives. Does it work? Yes. Id dare say it does. People seem happy with their religion. They also seem happy without it too. They seem comforted with it and obviously comforted without it. I aint gonna demand they grow up and take away their safety blanket, since we all have them and cuddle into them when we need it. Basically the subject of religion isnt really about religion and the orthodoxy of the church and the question of god. Its about pragmatic self deceit. Something we're all quite capable of regardless of religious belief. Thus a-theist.

PS. I dont believe in karma either. im hardly a buddhist :p

I scoff at religion....its a bunch of hocus pocus nonsense that's been used as a stick to beat and control the uneducated masses for over 2000 years.

The problem, Ippy, isn't with people's personal beliefs.....that's up to them. The problem comes when they try to force their beliefs upon other people who resist for whatever reason. All of the major religions promote the proselytisation of non-believers (not that all adherents to each dogma actively do this) and human existence has been scorched and scarred by the wars that result from such a course of action

im gonna have to rain check this. Its definitely not the thread for it. Its like the only thread on the whole forum where im gonna yip about tech. Feel free to have it out in off topic though. I love talking (by which i mean typing) about religion.